Chapter Twenty-five

Kara stood in bathroom mirror playing around with her hair when Dray walked in looking yummy in his suit. She paused and took a moment to look at him. He flashed a grin that made her heart stop. He was so beautiful and God took is time making every inch of him.

"Good morning Beautiful." He stood behind her and kissed her shoulder.

"Good morning." She said blushing.

"When you get finished in here, I have something that I want to show you." He flashed a grin.

"What is it?" She rose a brow.

"Just trust me baby." He squeezed her waist and walked out.

That man....That man....

Kara finished working with her hair and slid on her shoes. When she made it downstairs she noticed that he wasn't nowhere in sight. She walked down the hall on the lower level and still didn't see him. Where the hell is he? As she had her back turned Dray walked up behind her and covered her eyes. She put her hands on top of his and smiled.

"Dray what are you doing? You are going to be late for work."

"I'm the BOSS woman. So if I'm late then so be it. You are my priority at the moment." He said walking her back up the hall.

"Okay Boss where are you taking me though?" She questioned as she let him lead her through the house.

"Just hush and let me lead the way." He chuckled.

"Okay." She said laughingly.

As they walked he told her when she needed to step down. She realized that they were outside and wondered why. "Dray why the hell are we outside?"

"Because there is something out here that I wanted you to see. It is a surprise." He whispered in her ear with his deep baritone.

"Well can I see my surprise now?"

"Uh let's see. Have you been a good girl?" He teased.

"Dray quit playing." She pouted.

"Okay baby." He slowly removed his hands and Kara stared blankly at the white Beemer in front of her.

"Oh my God! Dray seriously? How? When?" So many questions flew out of her mouth.

"Yes seriously. I told you that I would buy you another car and I meant that shit. As far as how, well just know I have connections." He wrapped his arms around her waist kissing her neck.

Kara turned in his arms and pecked his lips repeatedly. "Thank you so much baby."

"You know you are so welcome. You know I love you. Now go check out your new baby."

She squealed and took the keys from him. She unlocked the doors and slid on the smooth black, leather interior. She looked on the headrest and saw that he had Beauty engraved in them. She touched it and smiled at how thoughtful and sweet he was. He stood with his hands tucked in the pockets of his expensive dress pants. He brought joy to him to see Kara beaming with excitement. This is how he wanted to see her. He hated seeing the tears in her eyes.

Where she was broken he wanted to piece her back together with his unconditional love. Where she was sad he wanted to replace it with undeniable joy. Where she was weak he wanted to be her undying and everlasting strength. He just wanted to be that man that was her all and everything.

He reached inside the door and caressed her cheek as she turned looking at him. "Kara you mean the world to me and I know you may get tired of hearing me say this, but I love you so damn much. Love like this usually exist in movies. What we have though is real and unfiltered. It's pure and unconditional."

Tears sprang in Kara's eyes as she listened to him. It was like he was spitting poetry. The words and the way he said them were so raw and so real. She felt every word as if it were a caress of his lips against her silky skin. The way this man had her feeling was unbelievable. Her head was spinning like she was on a merry-go-round. His love was so potent it made her dizzy.

"Goodness Dray, you just made my heart skip a few beats. The things you say are so real and I feel them deep within. I don't know why God saw fit for me to have a man like you, but I truly do thank God for sending you to me."

"I thank God too."

********

"So bitch why the hell you didn't tell me what was going on?" Jeff gave Kara a long glare.

"Jeff I was so caught off guard by everything. But I'm okay though.

"Girl I don't know who fucking with my boo, but they bouta get the Jeff-combo and they don't want that honey."

"Jeff I'm not about to deal with you today."

"Chile you ain't got no damn choice. Honey I'm greatness and you can't ignore greatness." He beamed showing his pearly whites.

"True indeed."

"Girl what's with the sad face?" Jeff squeezed her shoulder.

"I can't help but wonder what I have done that was so damn bad for someone to attack me the way that they have. I mean this shit has me blown." Kara shook her head.

"Kara jealousy makes people do evil shit. Jealousy always finds a multitude of faults. People see all the bad in you but never see the bigger picture which is them. Know that whoever is behind this fuckery is sure to get theirs. Misery loves company and people love to see others down and out." Jeff stated wholeheartedly.

"That is so true. Where is Cierra. She is usually here snooping around."

"Girl I don't know and I don't care. She might be somewhere with her family. Pigeons don't stay in one place long. They be on a hunt and I guess she on a hunt to find her mate."

"Oh my God! Jeff why though?" Kara laughed.

"Cause you know if I didn't it wouldn't be me baby."

"You are so right. I love you Jeff."

"And I love you too boo."

*******

Natalie looked at Detective Jones as he stared at her. She was shaking on the inside, but tried to play it cool by looking like she wasn't phased. She had a feeling that Cierra was behind telling her name to the police. Once she got her hands on Cierra she was going to break her neck.

"So Miss Chambers? Where were you last night around eight pm?"

"I was at the hotel soaking in my tub." She shrugged.

"So if I call uh what hotel was that? I'm afraid you didn't say." He said with a smug smile.

"Ritz Carlton."

"So if I called they were be your alibi then. Am I right?" He quirked a brow.

"Absolutely right." She smirked.

"So you wouldn't happen to be a jealous and vicious ex that uh...let's say feels the need to make him pay because he won't take you back. So you decide to burn down the house of the new woman in his life, who happens to be very beautiful by the way." Jones added for affect.

Jones saw the sliver of anger flash in her eyes and he knew that he was on to something. It was just going to take a minute to get things together. Jones was about to say something when one of his partner walked in.

"Jones I need to see you. I have some important information for you." His partner stated.

Jones nodded not taking his stare off Natalie. "Don't go anywhere now because we are not done." He flashed a grin and rose from his seat walking out.

He walked down the hall to Jimmy's office. The look on his face told Jones knew that it was something that he wasn't going to want to hear. "What info do you have for me?" He folded his arms.

"One of the other parties that you were going to bring if for questioning, Kandace James, she was found dead thirty minutes ago.

"Son of a bitch!......."

Excuse Mistakes!