Chapter Seventeen

A week later

Dray sat behind the his desk at Maxwell Industries. He couldn't stop thinking about Kara and the time that they had together in LA. He looked forward to going out of town with her in the near future. After dropping her off last Sunday night they both had been so busy that they hadn't really seen each other. They had lunch twice last week and talked daily.

His schedule and hers was very hectic. Dray hated it, but he understood that business was a must. What he didn't want was to become so engrossed in his work that he forgot about Kara. The more he thought about it, there was no way in hell that he could forget a diamond that shined as bright as her.

A quick knock on my door sounded and in walked Paul. He looked like he was in a good mood. Something was up with that. I continued to watch him as he whistled. He walked over to my mini bar and made himself a drink. My brow rose in question.

"Paul what the hell is up with you. I mean you come in here whistling and then you make a drink, not one time saying hello. So what's up?" Dray leaned back in his high-back chair staring at him.

"Dray I'm just in a good mood.  A man can't be in a good mood?" He asked before taking a sip of his drink.

"Yeah, but who is she?" Dray smirked knowing it was a woman.

"Why it can't it be me just being happy. It doesn't have to be a woman that is making happy." He told Dray as he took  a seat.

"Okay wh-" Another knock sounded  on his door cutting him off.

"Come in!" He yelled.

His sister walked in and he stood, walking around his desk to embrace her. "Danni, what are you doing here?"

"Well I was around the corner and decided to drop by." She smiled revealing her dimples.

Dray hadn't realized how Paul was staring at his sister. Danni was trying her hardest to ignore him, but Paul was making it quite difficult.

"What's up Danni?" Paul said holding his drink in the with both hands in front of him.

"Paul." She inclined her head.

Dray noticed that it was something way off with them. Danni was going out of her way to not pay Paul any attention. He kept looking back and forth between the two. Something was up with them.

"Okay what the fuck is going on? This fool comes in here whistling and you come in here acting like you don't want to say two words to Paul. What happened between you two?" Dray asked looking back and forth between the them.

"Dray you are over analyzing things. There is nothing going on between us." Danni said tightly.

Paul sat back in his chair, rubbing the rim of his glass as he studied her. Paul knew that she was only fronting because of her brother, but that shit didn't sit well with him.

"Uh huh. I know something is up with you y'all. All I have to say is, Paul if you fuck up with my sister just know that I have no problem fucking you up in the process. Are we clear?" Dray said as he narrowed his eyes on him.

"You don't have to worry about that. Danni knows what's up and what my intentions are. I reassure you that they are all good." Paul reasoned.

Dray nodded his head ending the discussion.

"So Danni what do you have planned this evening?" Her brother asked.

"Actually I have nothing planned. Why what's up?"

"Dinner so that we can catch up and also I would like for you to meet Kara."

"Kara huh?" Danni smiled.