Chapter Nineteen

Dray stood there thinking that his hearing was failing him. He looked at Jeff in shock because he had just spent time with her a few hours ago. They laughed and talked and promised to see each other later today. He had feeling something was wrong when he couldn't get her.

"Dray let me get my shit and I will follow you to the hospital. You okay? "Jeff asked concerned.

"I won't be okay until I know Kara is okay." He ran his hands down his face, turning on his feet going back out the way he came in.

He made it to his car in a blur. He didn't know if it was a car accident or what it was. Whatever it was he just wanted her to be okay. She had to be okay. Dray had to tell he love her and not only that he had to take her to meet his mother. He looked up when he saw Jeff jogging to his car.

He started his car and peeled out of the parking lot. Obeying the speed limit wasn't an option right about now. He could get twenty tickets he wouldn't give a damn. His lady was hurt and that was all that concerned him at the moment. He looked in his rearview mirror and Jeff was right on his tail.

It was obvious that her and Jeff were close. They had this brother sister thing going on and Dray knew that come hell or high water. Seeing the hospital up ahead he turned quickly into the parking lot. He barely stopped the car before jumping out. Jeff was hot on his heels as they entered.

People were out in the waiting area as they walked through. He pushed the button for the automatic doors to open. There were doctors and nurses milling about as they approached the front desk.

"Excuse me." Dray said as he tried to get the young ladies attention.

She looked up and turned looking back at the computer screen as if Dray didn't speak. Dray didn't have time for the ghetto attitude this lady was portraying. She was being very rude and unprofessional.

"Ma'am I-"

"Can't you see that I'm busy trying to handle something." She flung her weave across her shoulder, rolling her eyes.

"Dray hold on I got this." Jeff held up his hand.

"Look lee-press-on bitch, you see this man is trying to get your attention, but you sitting up her with this stank ass attitude and nappy ass weave, acting ignorant. Now get your head out of your ass and show professionalism if you know what that means." Jeff rolled his eyes for affect.

The girl looked as if she had been drinking sour lemons all day after Jeff put her in her place. "How can I help you sir?" She asked tightly.

"I'm looking for a Kara James." Dray said as he leaned on the counter.

She looked on her computer and saw that she had been brought in a hour ago. She was in room 285. "She was brought in an hour ago and she is in room 285."

"Okay th-"

"Jeff I'm so glad you made it." A female approached him.

"Hey Belle. How is Kara?" Jeff asked.

"Uh she is... Dray what the hell are you doing here?"

Dray looked at her like he wanted to choke her right in that moment. That was the dumbest question that she could have asked. "Belle why the hell wouldn't I be here? What is that you don't want me to know or see?" He narrowed his eyes on her.

"Yeah Belle what's going on?" Jeff asked with a raised brow.

Belle stood there and looked at them with her mouth slightly opened. She really didn't know what to say; especially with the fact of Kara not wanting Dray to know about this.

"Belle I don't like to be toyed with. What the fuck is going on!" Dray's voice boomed causing people to stare in their direction.

Jeff looked alarmed because he never would have expected Dray to have an outburst like that. Jeff knew without a shadow of a doubt that Dray was in love with Kara. Belle did too because she gave a Jeff a knowing smile.

"I think before I say anything, Dray you have to promise me that you won't do anything foolish." Belle pulled her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Ah hell this shit can't be good." Jeff said as he shook his head.

"Belle what the hell is going on?" Dray asked in frustration.

"Dylan attacked her."

"SON OF A BITCH!" Dray roared with anger.

*******

Kandace sat in her darkened room as tears streamed down her face. She wished that she had never gotten into this shit with Dylan. She had a feeling that shit was going to spin out of control. Her phone rang causing her to jump. She looked at a screen at the unfamiliar number. At first she wasn't going to answer it, but curiosity got the best of her.

"Hello."

"Kandace, I need you to come and bail me out of jail."

"Jail? Dylan what the hell are you doing in jail." Kandace sat up.

"Kandace just stop asking all these questions and get your ass down here!"

"Fine just give me a few minutes." She hung up and didn't give him a chance to reply.

She turned on the light and looked at the blue-black bruise on her cheek. Her eye was swollen and it hurt like hell. This wasn't what Kandace signed up for. She was getting her ass beat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The slightest shit pushed Dylan over the edge.

Seeing this shit now made her really wonder was Kara really as bad as Dylan made it seem. There were pieces that were not making sense. If it were the last thing she did she was going to find out what the back story was. Right now he had to go get his ass out of jail.

******

Dylan talked with the doctor briefly before going back to see Kara. Dray was seeing red right about now and he wanted to fuck Dylan up. He couldn't get to him right now, but he was going to get to his bitch ass. Once he did he was going to show him how it felt to beat like you stole something.

He made his way in front of her room door. He took a deep breath before pushing the door open. He stepped inside and Kara was looking at the wall. The bruise on her cheek along with her busted and swollen lip sent him to a blind fury. Dylan was going to wish that he was dead once Dray got a hold of him.

He walked closer to Kara's bed and stared at her as stared blankly at the wall. "Kara he called out, but she didn't even acknowledge him.

He tried touching her hand but she cringed from his touch." Please don't touch me." She said as tears blurred her vision.

"Kara, baby look at me." Dray pleaded.

"Dray you are not supposed to be here. Why are you here? I didn't want you to see me in this condition."

"Sweetheart look at me." He grabbed her hand.

Kara turned her head and once she looked into his pretty eyes she broke down into sobs. Dray sat on the edge of the bed and pulled her into his arms.

"Shh, baby it's okay. I got you and I'm here now." He gently rocked her as her smoothed her hair down.

Kara held on to him for dear life. He was her safe haven and she didn't want to let go, ever. They stayed like that for a moment and he slowly pulled back. Every time he looked at the bruises on her face a rage deep within burned.

Kara slowly eased back holding her head down in shame. Dray lifted her chin making her look at him. "Baby you are still beautiful to me." He kissed her forehead.

Kara caressed his cheek. "Why are you so good to me?"

"Because Kara, I'm in love with you...."

Excuse Mistakes!