21. I Always Do

"Skylar." I can hear the sound of my name, but I am too tired to open my eyes, so I ignore it and try to sleep again.

"Sky." I shake my head, and I can feel the weight of Hunt upon me.

"Sky, you need to wake up, I can hear your grandma walking around." I shake my head again, but this time I move us around and I lay upon her. My face buried in the pillow and her cheek next to mine.

"Sky, you're crushing me." I smile as I hear her struggling to talk.

"Five more..."

"Sky, come on."

"No... HUNTER!" I yell and roll on the floor. Hunter had put a finger on each side of my stomach, tickling me and now she is dying of laughter. I take the pillow and throw it on her, she can't stop laughing.

"I-I didn't' know you were that ticklish."

"It's not that funny." I say and stand up, but I can't help but smile at her laugh. Her laughs are so contagious and I can never stop the smile that always comes to my face, but why should I even try? We both turn to the sound of a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I answer. Grandma comes in.

"What is going on?" She asks, looking at me and then down to Hunter.

"We were..." Oh god, my mind is blank.

"Umm..."

"We were just having fun." Hunter takes over; I look at her thanking her.

"I'm glad you feel better, Hunter. Rachel and Luke have already gone to the beach, there's breakfast in the kitchen." Hunter and I nod.

"Thank you." I say, she smiles to both of us and walks out.

After we finished eating, I went into the bathroom to take on my bathing cloths and Hunter will use our room. When I said we were going to the beach, she looked very nervous.

I am not sure if it is that there are other people around or if it is something else that is bothering her.

Hunter meets me in the living room; she is wearing shorts and a black T-shirt and I am wearing shorts as well and a white tank top. Underneath I am wearing my black bikini, which I am going to strip down to once we lay down on the beach.

"You ready?" I ask and she nods. We walk out the door and find mom, dad, and grandma further down on the beach. The sun is shining bright as Hunter's eyes did last night, the sound of children playing and crying fills my ears.

The smell of water is one of my favorite things, except for Hunter's smell. Nothing beats that. Without thinking I grab her wrist and take her with me down; maybe I am just very existed about being here.

Hunter doesn't argue or anything so I guess it is fine. She has been quiet since breakfast. I let her hand go as we reach them.

"Oh hey, darling. I took some towels for the both of you." Grandma says and reaches them over to me; I give the other one to Hunter. Then we lay them down, and I start to take off my shirt, I like to wear my shorts so I am keeping them on.

I look down at Hunter, who is staring down at the water. Still, she is wearing her black shirt, it must burn on her skin, because the sun is hot as hell. I lay down next to her on my towel. My eyes are on her, but she is avoiding me. I wonder what she is thinking about.

"Hunter?" She turns to me.

"Hmm?"

"You okay?" I ask, she just nods. I lean closer to her so the others won't hear.

"Hunter, don't lie to me," I say. She looks down in the sand, between us.

"Are you warm?" I ask. She shakes her head. I can see her forehead is shining.

"Hunter, you are sweating" She shakes her head again.

"You can just..." She stands up and starts walking back to the house.

"Skylar, what's going on?" Dad asks.

"Nothing, I will be right back." I answer and jump up, then take the shirt back on. She is already halfway to the house.

"Hunter." I call her name, but she won't stop. I start to run.

"Hunter." I grab her arm, just as she was about to open the door. Hunter turns to look at me, with her pleading face. She always bit her inner cheeks and her eyes so sad like a pup. I think she knows I am weak for it.

"Hunt, please tell me what is wrong." I know her well enough to understand that something is bothering her, but not enough to know what it is.

"It's nothing." She answers and I sigh.

"Hunter, I know there is just nothing. Please tell..."
"Skylar!" Her tone is harsh making me almost jump. She is always calm when she talks, so this is scary.

"Just leave me alone, I am fine."

"No you're not." I argue, she snorts.

"Yeah, you got that one right." Hunt says sarcastically as she opens the door. She walks in, and I follow.

"Stop beating yourself up like that." I tell her. She turns to look at me, but this time all I see is the fire in her eyes, she is angry. I have never seen her angry, she is clenching her teeth repeatedly, making her cheeks and jaw move.

"If you haven't noticed there is something awfully wrong with me, Skylar!"

"STOP, JUST STOP!" I snap and feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. I walk towards her, but she steps back and turns to walk again.

"HUNTER!" I yell and run after her, grabbing the back of her shirt forcing her to stop. Then I walk around her. She takes a deep breath.

"Did I... did I do something wrong?" My voice is shaking right now just like the rest of my body. There is a lump in my throat and my heart is beating too fast for it to be normal. She looks calmer now.

"No, you did nothing wrong, Skylar."

"I pushed you too much didn't I?" I know this is my fault.

"Skylar, listen to me." She cups my face and looks up into my wet, brown eyes. Her eyes are beautiful blue, just like the ocean and she is as deep as one. There is so much to her and I do not even know the half.

"You didn't do anything. I am the problem, okay. I am, not you." I grab her shirt at her stomach with both of my hands and hold it tight.

"Tell me what the problem is and I can help you." I beg and the tears go down my cheeks again and she takes them away.

"There is nothing you can do, it can't go away"

"Just tell..."

"Sky, you can't fix everything." I move out of her hands.

"Please, Hunt." I beg. She shakes her head.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" She asks mocking me.

"Because you are." I answer and she snorts.

"I will tell you one day, I promise." I wrap my arms around her because I really need a hug.

"Just wait for me, okay?"

"I always do"