33. I have lost you again

We get into the car waiting for Taylor to come as well. She comes walking with Lauren at her side. Taylor gets into the car. I turn to look at her, she looks at me strangely.

"What happen to you?" Ty asks. She must have noticed my red eyes or something. I look at Hunter she smiles to me. Then I turn back to Taylor.

"Hunter just told me she loves me." I admit. Taylor's eyes widen.

"Holy shit, Hunter." Hunter shrinks, and hide in her sweater. I kiss her on the head, she is so adorable. I look out the window watching Lauren walk down the road.

"Uh, Taylor is Lauren is going to go home?" I ask. Taylor sighs.

"Yeah, she doesn't have anyone to drive her." I roll my eyes at her.

"TAYLOR!" I yell, making her wake up.

"YES." She walks out the door to go and get Lauren. They both come back after a little while. Now I know about them, something I did not even expect, like at all. I have not even known Taylor liked girls; she is good to keep secrets, I guess. They both step into the car.

"Hi, Lauren." Hunter says.

"Hi." She answer back. I look at Hunter confused.

"Oh yeah, we had classes together, and we usually work together when we have to be in groups."

"Oh, I am glad you have someone to be with." I kiss her cheek. Lauren looks at us with a shy smile.

"How long have you two been together?" I ask them. I want to know, since I told Ty about us I want to know about them. Taylor looks at Lauren looking for an answer and she nods.

"They already know, so it doesn't matter." Lauren says shyly, making Ty smile and then she kisses her cheek. So adorable.

"Um, it's been almost five months." My mouth dropped open.

"How in the name of god did I not know?" They all burst out in laughter. I am, I really that blind sometimes?

"Why-why didn't you tell me?" I ask. Ty looks at Lauren and take her hand.

"I promised her not to." Ty answer. I can't but smile, I would have done the same for Hunter. Lauren leans in to kiss her cheek and Ty blush. I can't but laugh, and I start to drive.

"Well, I am glad I know." I tell them.

"Yeah, it feels better that you know. And we do not need to hide when we are around you two."

"I'm glad, we can do more things together." I burst out.

"Yeah we can, but not in public though."

"Yeah." I agree. If we meet some family or friends of the family, dad will find out and I may lose Hunter. I turn to look at her, she is already watching me, and I can't but smile.

"You are staring." I tell her and she takes my hand.

"I know." She answer and I squeeze her hand. I can hear Ty and Lauren whispering in the back. I am so happy for them, and I am glad they do not need to hide around Hunter and me. Lauren is as shy as Hunter is. Ty and I play soccer with her at school and she is the quiet one. She doesn't yell like the others on the field, but she is good. She is good at long passes, and it's the ting Hunter sucks at. I stop the car outside of Lauren's house, they say goodbye and I start to drive again.

"I'm really sorry that I did not tell you, Skylar. Lauren's parents are very overprotective and she is afraid to tell them about us. I have met them they are nice, but they are too scared that something bad will happen to her. It's a little frightening." She admits.

"It's okay Taylor, I understand." I look at Hunter.

"I am afraid of losing her too." I say, and Hunter smiles so bright that her cheeks are drowning her eyes. She looks so beautiful that looking away from her is hard. It's like watching a car crash, you know you shouldn't look, but you can't turn away.

"Lauren means the world to me." Ty admits. I know what she means. I stop the car in Ty's driveway.

"See you two later." She opens the door, but she stops halfway out.

"Thank you, both of you." Then she goes out of the car. I turn to Hunter.

"Do you always look at me?" I ask and she nods.

"I don't want to miss a thing." I narrow my eyes.

"Did you listen to Aerosmith today?" Hunter looks confused, but then burst out in a laugh.

"Yes, I did. But I didn't think about it when I said it." She itches her neck, and laugh of embarrassment. I lean over and kiss her on the lips.

"You are so adorable." I mumble against her.
"And you are so beautiful." She whispers back. I sneak another kiss and start to drive home.

"So five months?" Hunter says and I nod.

"I can't believe I didn't see that, Ty is really good at keeping secrets apparently." I say, and Hunter snorts.

"Yeah, five months is long. Do we have to keep our secret that long?" I look confused and worried at Hunter.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Your parents." She shrugs.

"Your grandma found out, and sooner or later your mom and dad will find out. I am not sure if I want to be kicked out of your bed early in the morning or even out of the house. I understand that it is hard to go to bed, being scared of that my parents may come in and find us.

I simply can't hold Hunter's hand around them, or even look at her without being afraid of being caught. If I tell dad, he might get angry, because having a relationship with someone like Hunter is hard. He knows Hunter's past more than I do, and there might be some things he doesn't want me to know, even Hunter doesn't want me to know.

She still hasn't explained the scar on her back, I do not even know if there is more or not. There might be many reasons for her scare, maybe an accident like in a car or maybe she got it as a kid. But since she has been thrown into the foster system, and she told me some things when we were on the beach. It could have something to do with her parents, if they hurt her or anything like that. I remember she said that she can't make the yelling and the screaming go away, I wonder what she meant. If it was her parents, or herself, she can hear screaming or yelling. It scares me that I don't know, I hope she will tell me someday, so that I can stop wondering.

"Sky, I have lost you again." I hear Hunter say. I shake my head to come back to reality.

"I'm sorry." I say and take her hand in mine.

"Where did you go?" She asks, and I stop the car behind dad's car. This time Hunter and I told them we were going out for a drive. I don't want to be yelled at for nothing. I turn to look at Hunter.

"Just thinking about you." I answer honestly and she smiles.

"Sky, you need to worry about something else than just me." It is like she can read my mind.

"Of course I worry, I love you." Her face changed in the way that makes my heart tingle. I lean over and grab her sweater at her collar. Then I put my lips on hers and I breathe her in. Her smell, taste and her softness make everything in me fade. All of the worries I had on my mind, gone. How can someone just make it all go away at once? I start to nibble on her bottom lip and it makes her smile so bright that I have to break away.

"I love you too, Skylar."