57. Maybe that is the problem

"Skyl... Great." I wake up to dad's voice and his arms hitting his side, but I keep on pretending I am sleeping. It would not take long before I would anyway. Then I hear more footsteps coming in the door.

"I hope you are going to wake her, because I am not." I hear dad whisper harshly. Poor dad, all of the things I have to let him go through. Maybe I should just give in, I can't let him take all of my blame, but then I hear him breathe out.

"She hasn't slept or eaten right since Hunter left," Now he sound more calm, but begging.

"I have tried everything Mia, but no matter what I did nothing helped. I have never seen her so bad before, and the way she begged and pleaded to get Hunter back, it ached more than anything I have ever been through. It was like Hunter took her heart and soul when she left, I didn't recognize my own daughter." His voice broke at the end with my heart, I feel so awful for letting him go through this, and I am the one to blame. I did not mean to drag him and mum down in my hole. They do not deserve it, in any way.

"I lost my daughter, and I want her back." He pleads. I can barely keep my tears away, but clinging onto Hunt seems to hold me together. Then I hear the women breathe out in surrender.

"It's completely fi..."

"You can't be serious?" I hear Liam say upset, interrupting his own mother.

"I can wake her there is no problem." I hear him walk towards the bed and I feel the panic rise in my chest.

"Don't you touch her!" My dad sounds really angry, but then the next thing I know is Liam drags me out of the bed and I fight to get out of his grip.

"Let me go!" I yell, crying and begging, reaching for Hunter.

"Hey!" Dad yells and drag Liam away from me. I watch dad push him in the shoulders.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He shouts at him. I turn around to look at my sleeping Hunter; I am so tired, that I could just lay down on the floor and passed out. Now my head aches a lot more, but I ignore it as I move back to Hunter. I take her hand and kiss it again.

"I am so sorry." I cry, I know she can't hear me, but I just want to talk to her. I haven't done that, except on the phone, but it is not the same. I sit down on the edge of the bed and look at dad and Mia. Liam must have walked out and Logan must be in the hallway. I dry my sore eyes, and then look back at dad.

"I'm sorry." I burst out in tears, I am so messed up right now that in some way I wish I was the one lying in that bed, instead of Hunter. That I could just sleep all the pain away and wake up to Hunt's smile and blue eyes.

"No, honey." Dad moves over to me and take my hands in his.

"This is not..."
"Yes, it is." I cut him off. Goddammit. I am turning into Hunter, I feel so guilty that I am laying all of the blame on myself. Hunter really knew how to do that, and I couldn't understand how. Now I know, because right now it is so easy, to blame myself than others. The guilt is just tearing me apart, just what a lion does to a gazelle.

"No, you didn't do anything." He says, looking into my eyes.

"Maybe that is the problem." I tell him and look down. I want to do everything and be there for her. The last thing I wanted was to see her like this, but still here we are. I turn to look at her; she is so close, but also so far away.

"Skylar, listen to me. She is going to be fine and we are going to wait until she wakes up. Then I can see what I can do after that, okay?" He looks so sorry for me that I just turn my eyes back to Hunt and nod.

"Good, I need to fix a lot of things and I will come back after all of that, okay?" I just nod again. Then I watch him move away, and my eyes lands on Mia, who looks down at the floor.

"I see you later." Dad says and Mia follows him out the door. I lay back down next to Hunter, just like I did minutes ago. I smile of the smell, the only thing that is missing now is her soul. I want to hear her tired voice and teasing. Then I want to see that smile across her face and those gorgeous blue eyes that are looking straight through me. I want her back.

"Please come back." I whisper and bury my face harder into her.

"I'll do anything." I beg.