*Chapter two - First and second impression

It can't be. I try to tell myself because Rory and this man had so many differences. Rory didn't look rich, feel rich, or even smell rich, but then this man standing was everything but the exact opposite of that.

But there is also no doubt in my mind that the man I met three months ago is the man standing in the room at this moment. They do have the same brown hair with the mixture of gold, and those green eyes I haven't been able to forget since the night he saved me from Luke, those same eyes I've seen in dreams that kept enticing me, luring me in and looking into mine with the look of desire.

You can say I've fallen in love with my hero.

A part of me feels happy that finally after months I get to see him again. I mean, I know our last encounter was not the best, but I still hope though. Another part of me feels unsure. I am not the girl he met in the hotel; I am not rich, poised or wealthy and neither is he poor.

But what if he isn't Rory? What if they just look alike?

"Is that him?" I ask Paris, looking away from the man who currently held my attention.

"Yeah, I think." She nods, biting her lips and blushing.

"What is his name?" I hope for Snowfall's sake, my voice isn't betraying me now.

"Rory, Rory John Gate."

My heart shrinks immediately, and my nightmare just began. "The son of Bill Gates, you mean?"

"Yeah," Her smile widens. I gasp and cover my mouth.

There are million thought running through my head now, but they all vanish when Rory's gaze sweeps towards our way. I grab the menu booklet on the table and cover my eyes out of instinct.

He walks towards us, his gaze not lightened. In fact, he looks colder and meaner, like he is mad at us.

Us? I think he's mad at Paris, not me, is he?

He stops immediately. He's standing in front of us, and I'm already finding it hard to breathe. Well, the next few words he utters makes me regain myself.

"Who among you is Paris Allen?" He asks coldly, his deep voice harsh and his eyes roaming front and back between us.

Weird, he doesn't even know who he's getting married to.

"I am." Paris answers and his gaze settles on hers.

"I figured." He mutters quietly before quickly turning to me. "Get lost then."

"Excuse me?" I demand, dropping the menu down. This certainly caught me off guard. How dare he talk to me that way?

"Are you deaf or just stupid? The only reason you were fortunate to step into Grand Square restaurant is that you came with her, don't let me tell them to throw you out." He speaks in a cruel tone and disgust.

How rude.

"You can't talk to me like that. You don't even know me."

He clenches his teeth and drags a deep breath, his patience is easily tempered I guess. "I don't need to know you to know that you're cunning, dubious, manipulative, and devious." He bathes me with his cruel words, like I've done something wrong to him.

This is indeed the man I met three months ago, the man whose first impression was the worse I've ever had. He6 was also the first whose word hurt like hell. I can tell he doesn't remember me and I can't forget his face, his looks, his eyes and for months I've been hoping, praying I run into him one last time and properly thank him, but now all I feel towards him is hatred.

And I refuse to be bullied by this arrogant brat.

I have a thousand nasty words to spit at him, but before I can say something, Paris does. "That's enough for someone you don't know." She hiss' at him and his attention turn to her.