Seven

Cast in the mm. They're all so cute.

David Banner is so fine. Omg.
________________________

Victoria's POV

"You actually came," I spoke with a smile on my face.

"I don't break promises, baby," He replied as the two of us released from our hug.

"Watch that baby word, Kareem. Good morning Kai."

She was standing next to Kareem, holding his right hand with her left one. Her right hand was occupied with a bag of Shipley's donut holes.

Kai looked up at me before letting go of her dad's hand and giving me a tight hug. "Hey, Miss V! My dad said that he had a surprise for me, but I didn't know we were comin' to see you."

"Is Kai coming to children's church," Vanessa questioned as she passed by the pew that we were on.

She was one of the leaders that taught the kids between the ages of 2 to 11 years old. Other than children's church, there was also youth church for teens from 12 to 18.

Kareem looked down at Kai who seemed like she was in deep thought.

"They have orange juice," I said, knowing that was one of her favorite things to drink, especially Sunny D.

"Mhm, okay, I'll go." Kai gave Kareem a hug before walking to the children's room with Vanessa.

"You sleepy?" Kareem was wiping his eyes while yawning.

"A lil bit. We had to wake up earlier than usual cause my momma wanted me to bring Kai to get these protein shakes before her gymnastics competition later."

"What time does it start?"

"Why? You gonna chill with your family for the day?" I could hear the amusement in his voice, but I knew that he was dead serious.

Two weeks ago when Kareem unexpectedly showed up to my parents house, and then him and Kaseem had that talk with my dad, Kareem has been texting me every morning, and at random times during the day to check on me. The continuous amount of interaction shows me that their time in that office went well.  Also, while we were eating dinner my dad didn't interrogate Kareem as much as he did James when they first met, which is a great sign.

As for Kaseem, poor baby. My dad was all over his ass. But that was expected since Vanessa is the youngest, and he is the first boy that she is really interested in.

But don't think that I was off the hook at her age, because that is not the case.

Even though I have my doubts about involving myself in any kind of relationship, Kareem is doing something to me. Like I've said before, aside from his looks, his amount of concern for my well-being and happiness continues to attract me to him with each time that we see each other.

Looking up from my phone, I straight faced him. "Kareem, please chill. Not today.

Smirking, as usual, he gave my parents hugs as they came to sit down. Church was getting ready to start.

The choir had already consecrated, so all I had to do was go to where we meet on Sunday's, and wait for church to start.

"Hallelujah, Saints." The greeter walked out of the side door and we followed behind her.

The congregation spoke back with their various greetings as they stood for prayer.

"Ain't God good? "