Sixteen

Y'all, somebody deadass stole my story. They got a Kareem, Kai and everything.

I know you're reading because you follow me. Hey boo.

Sorry for the wait, but I wasn't just about to put some crap together.
____________________________________

"I'm his homeboy, and I can attest to the fact that he ain't shit."

FLASHBACK
*
*
*
Omniscient

Victoria walked into her daughter's Lion King themed nursery, excited to see her baby open her eyes and smile.

Jasmine was the only thing keeping Victoria sane.

About a month prior, Samir was killed in a drive by. He had the potential to be so successful, but he wanted a thrill.

That thrill cost him 9 bullet holes and his life.

The funeral was a mess. The family was broken hearted and they couldn't believe that Samir was gone so soon.

Victoria went to the grave sight after everyone left and talked to him for a while, apologizing, reminiscing, and telling him about Jasmine.

Call it whatever you want, but she was too ashamed to face her family after walking away from them for James. She was also ashamed because she wasn't on good terms with her brother when his death occurred.

If she could, Victoria could take it all back.

She wouldn't have blown off her siblings for a man. She wouldn't have treated her family so badly for a false assumption of love.

Love ain't cost a damn thing, and she was slowly beginning to realize it, despite the unfortunate timing.

After she miscarried she and James' first baby the year before, she didn't think that she would be able to carry another baby given the circumstances.

However, when she delivered a healthy baby, Jasmine Kai, her world was a little bit brighter and she had somebody to live for.

Jasmine was the spitting image of her mother from her high cheekbones to her hairline.

"What you wanna wear today, mamas," Victoria questioned rhetorically as she carried Jasmine over to her walk in closet to pick an outfit.

Since it was a sunny and slightly breezy outside, Victoria chose a cute floral dress with a matching bow, cardigan, and sandals.

Gathering the clothes and all of Jasmine's hygiene products, Victoria walked back down the hall to she and James' bedroom to get her daughter dressed for the day.

*

"Can I talk to you real quick?"

James' friends and their families were having a get together at a nice little park. People were barbecuing, kids were playing, men were taking sports, and the women were gossiping.