seveteen-

+

the scottish boy had almost missed all of his last class because he was reading ashton's long message and he was trying to think of what to respond. the truth is, calum liked ashton, well loved. ashton was the one who helped him with his problems that he couldn't tell anyone else, the long wavy haired boy was always their for him even when he didn't want to be.

he scrolled through his gallery, and looked through all the pictures of him and ashton together. he smiled, and giggled. one time they made a cake because it was ashton's birthday and calum wanted to do something special for him. even if they were neighbors with benefits, they acted like friends, even if ashton didn't want to admit to it. calum locked his phone and went to class, he lied to the class so he wouldn't get detention or have to get another late pass.

"hey babe, are you busy after school? there is this th-" calum cuts him off, "i'm sorry luke, but i have to go, okay? i'll text you later i promise."

he hops in his car and whips out the parking lot and heads home.

+

the boy checks the mailbox and finds a rose with a small pink note tied to it, hey beautiful, i have a surprise for you, head to your kitchen.

calum chuckles, recognizing ashton's slightly neat handwriting. so, he heads to the kitchen to find a medium sizedpink sparkly box with a note on top, this contains your favorite cupcake, with extra pink sparkles. a sweet cupcake for a sweet boy. your next surprise is in your living room.

calum blushes noticing all the red, baby pink and white petals on the ground leading the way.

he finds a present siting on the coffee table, with a note on top. here's to the time you watched all the lion king movies with me because i had the flu, p.s; sorry i got you sick baby boy. you told me that they were your favorite movies, yet you didn't own them so i'm giving mine to you, only if you promise me that you'll allow me to watch them with you.
check your hallway closet.

calum smiles as he places the note in his hand and walks to the hallway closet, a note was on it. do you remember the time when you broke your guitar, well i fixed it for you baby boy. now you can play all the music you want, hopefully we can play together. open the door.

the guitar he had once broken was in the closet with a big pink bow positioned on it, a note on sitting under it, your next surprise is in your bathroom. i think this one will be your favorite.

he runs to his bathroombathroom carefully so he wouldn't crush any petals and slowly opens the door, a huge bag was siting in the middle of the floor, from lush. "no, he didn't." calum squeals as he looks inside the bag, it was full of bath bombs, soap, and body washes. calum blushes as he finds a note on the bathroom mirror, you always talk about lush and i remembered how you much you love bath bombs, so i figured why not buy my baby boy tons of them. i picked out all the ones that reminded me of you. your next surprise is in your bedroom closet baby boy, i actually think this one will be your favorite.

he slowly enters his room and walks to closet door, here's to all times you've secretly stolen my flannels. here's some i thought you'd like, i'd rather for you to wear them then me, i love when you wear my clothes. open your closet door.

the scottish boy opens his closet and finds a large box full of ashton's flannels that he wasn't going to wear anymore, a note sits at the bottom of the box. i bought you something special, baby boy. come to your backyard.

calum slids one of ashton's flannels up his arm and he skips to the backyard, he looks around for a second before someone comes up behind him. it's ashton. the boy smiles as he wraps his arms around ashton's firm torso. "hey baby boy, i do have a present for you, but first i really want to talk to you, if it's okay?"

they sit down in lounge chairs, ashton grabs calum's hand that wasn't wrapped in bandages. "i want to apologize for being so disrespectful to you recently. i know it's not nice to lie, especially to someone you care about. i-i want you to know that you are special to me, so special. and i l-love you, i really do baby boy. it's just that i'm scared, i'm so afraid of losing you, i dont want you to hate me or stop talking to me, because in these last four to five months you've brought me so much happiness. the little small gestures from you make me feel special. i will admit that sometimes i am a jerk, a complete jerk a-and i'm sorry for taking out my anger at you when you arent even involved."

"when i was a kid, my parents were very mean to me and whenever i would cry, or do anything to represent an emotion, they'd yell at me, or hit me, so i moved in with my aunt, i guess that's why i act the way i do, but i'm working on it, i promise. i wanted to apologize for what i did with kayla, it didn't mean anything, i was emotional and drunk one night when i was with michael and she happened to be there, i s-screwed up i know, it didn't mean anything. i apologize for the way i act towards your friend, luke. i-i get jealous, extremely jealous. because i know that luke is a great guy and i didn't want him to take you away from me, but i understand if you have feelings for him and not me. with the way ive been treating you lately, i would understand."

calum squeezes his hand, "i don't like  luke that way, ash. i love you, i told you i wasn't lying when i said that and i wasn't. i do love you. " calum sighs, "i really love you and your dumb attitudes and jealous melt-downs." calum chuckles as he looks into ashton's eyes, they were beautiful.

"i love you calum. it feels so weird calling you by your name." ashton chuckles as he reaches into his back pocket. "i told you i had one more surprise, open it."

inside the box was a beautiful necklace with pink, lilac and baby blue charms. another note was rolled up inside the box. i love you, i hope you like it, i was going to give this to you on your birthday, but i couldn't wait. i have a question for you baby boy."

"calum?"

"y-yes?"

"will you be my beautiful boyfriend? i promise to treat you like the princess you are," calum giggles as he says yes and climbs into ashton's lap and kisses him gently.

"i have a totally radical idea, let's watch the lion king while we both eat the pretty pink cupcake."

"deal baby boy." calum grabs ashton's hand and helps him off the chair.

"oh yeah, how exactly did you get into my house?"

"your mum, joy. we talked once you left."

"talked about what?"

"you, silly. she told me how in love with me you are."

"whatever, a-ash. um can i still call you daddy?"

ashton smiles as he puts his arm around calum, "of course you can, baby boy."

the end?

would you guys like an epilogue?