Chapter 5

I've uploaded the last chapter of the first part of Leave Me With A Gun for one fan who asked me to (: I'll keep uploading if you guys want, so just comment if you want more!

“-Why did yo let him take you into here?” Jet asked after a few minutes

I arched an eyebrow, “It was this or let him carry two freaking grenades.” I frowned and Jet laughed.

His laugh, we had only been apart for up to a few hours, but I missed him.

There was a moment of silence before I spoke, “Does this mean we are going to stick together until we get to the palace?” I wondered,

Silence again.

 I wanted to stomp now, “It is too bloody risky being split up! Don’t you think we would have a better chance at getting to safety with four people rather than two?” I growled at them.

 Jet went to open his mouth to speak but there was a clinking noise as a small silver ball hit the ground near my feet, almost right away there was a noxious looking green gas that spurted from an invisible hole on the silver ball.

There seemed like a hell of a lot of awful gas that spilt from the little ball, but soon I felt light headed. Before I knew it Jet was screaming at both Todd and Beau to get out of there, I tried to move quickly but I ended up on the hard tiled ground, my warm cheek pressed to the cold, hard floor.

 The horrid gas filled into me before I felt myself being hauled up and held against a body, it was Jet, there was no mistaking his hard, warm body and strong arms.

He headed straight for the front door and forced his way through it after Beau and Todd, then I felt clean air pouring into my lungs.

 But Jet had frozen behind Todd and Beau, then I realised why. Even as dizzy as I was, I could easily make out the multiple soldiers with their rifles pointed at our small group.

In a second Todd, Beau and Jet all had their guns out, even though I was still in Jet’s arms.

I squirmed slightly and let my feet touch the ground, so that I could get out of Jet’s way. It took only a second to get my balance before I noticed the little yellow circle sewn onto each of the men’s uniforms on their chest.

  I found myself jumping in front of Jet, “Don’t!” I called quickly,

Jet didn’t lower his gun, nor did any other man.

The yellow circle had a lion circled with vines, it was the palace’s crest.

“They work for the Empire!” I said quickly,

Jet looked at me with his hazel eyes, still without lowering his gun.

“Who are you?” Questioned one of the palace guards, he held his rifle at the ready.

I made eye contact with the man, “I am Victoria Sommerset.” I said clearly,

At first he didn’t say anything, but when I showed no signs of a liar he arched an eyebrow,

“Victoria Sommerset? She is blonde… Dead.” He said slowly.

I swallowed, “No she’s not. I am Victoria Sommerset. I had to dye my hair on the first night of this war, I ran away…” I said quietly,

Dead?

“How do I know you are truly Victoria Sommerset?” He questioned,

I bit my lip, “Call my fiancé or my parents?” I suggested,

The man chuckled, “Nice try.”

I frowned, I was being held at gun point by people under my father’s orders. Great, how the hell was I supposed to convince them.