Leave Me With A Gun

This is a story I was working on last year and it's NOT a fanfic but my characters qwere based around the looks and attitudes of the members of My Chemical Romance and the story was inspired by the song 'I Never Told You What I Do For A Living'. Sorry to anyone who actually thought this was a fanific but I do LOVE MCR <3 AND I am so sorry for all of the punctuation and spelling mistakes this was a nightly thing that I did when I was half asleep (:

~

~

PROLOGUE

-My eyes scaled the large hall, to one side were my father’s officials. To the other side were the richer families, all liked to suck up and listen to my father every time he declared something.

I sighed and glued my eyes to the large arched window, it was hard to see outside but I managed to see the clouds that rolled in.

  I smiled, rain was good. I sat back in my seat and watched the front of the hall where my mother and father were supposed to be in a few minutes.

When I felt a hand on the small of my back I almost screamed, but instead I turned quickly to be face to face with Rowan Whitfield- His blue eyes lit up and he smiled at me, I smiled back.

 “Hello darling, how was your day?” He asked, I shrugged and pulled a face, he grinned and leant forward to press his lips to my cheek.

This was Rowan, highest official under my father’s command. Twenty-six years old, smart and handsome. He was nice too, not to mention my fiancé.

 He leant down slightly beside me, “Your father is going to announce our wedding date, so expect a lot of excited people.” He whispered in my ear before pressing his lips to my cheek again and walking off.

  I watched after him, and frowned, Great. I was going to be congratulated and there would be a hell of a lot of people asking for details.

Now I would have to start acting all chirpy about a wedding…

It wasn’t long before my parents were standing out the front of the crowd as the head of Government for the whole district.

 It had its ups and downs, being the daughter of the Governor of the most recognized district of 2090. Since the wars had begun in 2017, a Government was formed so that every ‘old’ country was classified as a district, at least the ones who weren’t wiped out. Every ten years a get together of all the Governors would decide which district would be classified as the Empire for the next decade.

   If anything happened to my parents I would become Governess of the current Empire, it was a scary thought, yes… Me? In charge of millions or even billions of people, I highly doubted that would work out.

-Breaking through my slow thoughts was a loud cheering noise, I looked around to figure out that my parents had just made the announcement.

 “Come on up Victoria,” my mother called, I tried not to yell back ‘NO!’, so I stood begrudgingly and forced a smile as I stumbled through the hall, past the crowd and up a few small steps until I was standing next to my short mother and proud father.

  I stood awkwardly in my knee length skirt, too tidy and smart for my liking- It was a fact that I was known to be more of a wild daughter, as soon as I was old enough I was partying and getting into trouble, I liked it rough… Don’t ask me why, I just did.

I looked down to Rowan who smiled from the large group of men in smart suits. He was one of the tallest and definitely handsomest, most were middle aged and overweight. But not Rowan, he had bright blue eyes and brown hair that was combed back slightly but still poked out in the right places.