Chapter 2

A single shot was fired before all you were able to hear was shots over cries, Todd’s grip was tight as he tugged me away.

Todd pulled me in front of him and pushed past the man at the door before we were out into the alley.

Todd stopped for just a moment and clutched his shoulder, I held back a scream- His white blouse had a dark stain that spread slowly under his hand that held it.

 I pulled my hoodie from around my waist and handed it to him, “Hold it tight, I have a gun…” I said quickly, he seemed hesitant to accept the hoodie but he sighed and pressed it to his shoulder.

We rushed onto the street that was only lit by the street lamps, and walked quickly along the same route we took when we had come this way.

  I stayed close to Todd, I felt terrified, “Will Jet and Beau be okay?” I asked quietly, Todd looked at me slightly through the corner of his hazel eye,

“They’ll be fine… They’ve both used guns since they were ten…” He said softly before we turned into another street.

We received a few looks from the crack heads who leant against the old buildings. It felt like too long that we’d been walking, but soon we were turning into the alley.

 Todd made me climb up first, he struggled slightly with one arm but he made it and opened the door.

Before Todd could start doing anything I was yelling at him to sit down and let me see his shoulder, “I’ll be fine!” He growled back but I shot him a look that made him death stare me before sitting on the arm of the sofa.

 I worked at his buttons quickly and pulled his soaked shirt from his shoulder which was stained with blood, I swallowed hard and checked the deep graze, which looked gross.

I bit my lip before standing up and rushing into the room, grabbing a towel from the draws and wetting half of it and squeezing the excess water.

 I pressed it up to his shoulder and he winced, “Sorry… Just hold it there tightly… Do you have any pain killers?” I asked and looked around,

“I-In the cupboard next to the fridge.” He muttered and squeezed is eyes shut as he held it to his shoulder,

 I rummaged through the multiple jars and containers of tablets until I found one I recognized, I poured a glass of water and rushed it to Todd.

I gave him two tablets and he swallowed them easily, I bit my lip.

“Will they definitely be back?” I asked again, because I had to admit… I was pretty scared that it would be a repeat, like the night with Rowan…

“Vicky, Jet and Beau have been hitmen since they were seventeen, and that was like ten years ago… They have killed more men at once than there are shooting at them right now.” He assured me, I nodded slowly but I still bit my lip hard.

 “What about you? You’re going to be okay right?” I asked, the corners of Todd’s lips twitched up slightly,

“You’re the doctor now, how about you tell me?” He said tauntingly,

“… The doctor says you’re going to make a full recovery and will be back to killing in no time…” I mumbled and swallowed, then the door burst open.

 Instantly Todd dropped the bloody towel and reached for his gun which was pointed at Beau and Jet who both froze.

Both Todd and I let out a sigh of relief, Jet and Beau’s clothes and revealed skin were splattered with blood but they were fine.