Chapter 23

It had been month and Michael and I kept in touch everyday. We were getting closer and I liked that, but I was also scared of getting too close. It never failed with me and guys. I get close and then I lose them, or get treated like shit. Daxton: King of Assholes, and Jeremy.....well he was just questionable, period. Daxton didn't bother to come around anymore, but sometimes showed up to take Axel somewhere and then disappeared again.

Axel was used to not seeing his dad, and it didn't even bother him because Michael somehow became another father figure for him. Everyday after school, he went to Michael's house to play with Natalie because I didn't trust my house anymore. In fact, it wasn't even my house. It was still in Daxton's name and I planned on moving out soon.

I was just sitting in my office, stressed to the max, when a knock sounded on my door. "Come in!" I called out. My assistant, Sarah, peeped her head in.

"A man is out here asking for you." She said. "He's hot." She whispered loudly and I laughed.

"Well tell him I'm busy and to leave ." I reported and she nodded. I went back to writing up my reports when I heard a commotion outside my office.

"No! She said to leave!" Sarah's voice cried out and my office door opened for the second time. Michael walked in, flowers in his hand. A smile automatically appeared on my face and I got up to approach him. "I'm sorry, Ari, he wouldn't listen." Sarah apologized.

"It's okay, Sarah. Whenever he comes, you can let him in." She nodded and winked at me before leaving again.

"So you want me to leave, huh?" Michael said, smirking. I bit my lip and slinked up to him, grabbing his tie.

"Now why would I want that?" I asked, cocking my head before bringing his head down to kiss him. Our tongues battled and my eyes closed at the wonderful feeling of his lips on mine. It never failed. He always left me breathless when we parted. "Are these for me?" I asked, eyeing the flowers.

"Mhmm." Michael answered, kissing down my neck. I gasped when he bit me slightly, sending a shock straight to my core.

"Michael!" I squealed, pushing him away playfully. If he continued, we would be doing more than kissing in this office. He grinned, dimples indenting his cheeks. God, he was beautiful.

"Sorry, sorry. Here. I know you don't like flowers since they're gonna die anyway, so I got you fake ones." I laughed and took the flowers, sniffing them. They had a perfume scent and it filled my nostrils.

"I love them." I looked up at him and he pulled me close.

"I'm glad. Now you're coming with me." I frowned.

"What? But I have to work." He took the flowers out my hand and laid them on my desk.

"Not anymore you don't. You're coming with me and we're going out."

"But I--"

"No buts. You need a break. You work too hard." I opened my mouth to protest again, but he pouted playfully. "Please, Ari? For me?" I groaned loudly and shook my head, chuckling.

"Fine! Let me get my jacket." His raised his arms with victory and twirled his hips around, dancing. "Stop it." I laughed, putting my jacket on and grabbing his hand. He wiggled his eyebrows and winked at me before we walked out the office.

"Have a nice day, Ms. Fortunato." Sarah said slyly. I gave her my stink eye, but smiled back.

Michael led me to his G-wagon and I hopped in, wondering where he was going to take me. When he slid into the driver's seat, I turned to him.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He smirked, but said nothing as he drove out the parking lot and onto the highway. "Mikey, tell me."

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p'. "You'll just have to see for yourself." I huffed and sat back, racking my brain. Were we going to a restaurant? A movie? Maybe it wasn't as cliche as those....a park? I stopped trying and just decided to go along with the surprise.

"Ooo this is my song." Michael said suddenly, turning up the radio. "I came in like a wreckinggggg ballllllllll!" He hollered along with the song and I burst out laughing at his horrible singing.

"Stoppppp!!!" I yelled over him and he flashed me a grin. "You sound terrible."

"I'll have you know that I sound like John Legend when I sing. All the ladies say so." Michael said, winking as he turned a corner and drove into a parking lot.

"Well, I'll have to hear that for myself." I challenged.

"You will soon." Michael promised and hopped out. He jogged over to my side and opened my door for me, helping me out.

"Such a gentleman." I joked and he smiled genuinely.

"Always, for you." Butterflies danced in my stomach, making me feel nervous all of sudden. I looked at were we were and my eyes widened when I saw the sign 'Luxury Golf Course'.

"We're golfing?" I asked, bewildered. Now this was new. Golfing as a date choice? Pretty original.

"Yes, ma'am. Follow me." He grabbed my hand and weaved his fingers through mine. I looked down and smiled. I would never get tired of this. He led me into the building and I was immediately enveloped in an air conditioned atmosphere. He walked to the desk, where the receptionist was sitting.

The lady looked up and immediately straightened when she saw Michael. "Hello! How may I help you?" She said, poking her chest out a little bit. I rolled my eyes. Seriously? Michael didn't seem to notice.

"I need two slots for me and my girlfriend." He stated and my eyes widened. So he was paying attention to the failed attempts the girl was trying to make. The girl's eyes flitted to me and she frowned before turning to her computer.

"Sure." She typed away before pointing to the lockers down the hall. "Grab 8 and 9."

"Thank you so much." Michael flashed him one of his panty dropping smiles and the girl immediately smiled back. I choked back a laugh as we walked to our bags.

"You can't shut her down and then charm her." I whispered, laughing at the same time. He faced the bags, but turned his head, looking down at me.

"Why not? I do it to you all the time." I gasped playfully and hit his arm. He bit his lip and chuckled. "I'm joking." He kissed my cheek and then grabbed both bags filled with golf clubs.

"I can hold my own, you know." I reached up to grab a bag from his shoulders, but he swatted my hand away.

"Uh, uh. I got it. Now walk." He patted my butt and urged me forward. I shook my head. He was always the perfect gentleman. We walked outside to the course and we started at the beginning. I had a hard time getting the balls in the holes (haha). Michael, though, was a pro. After an hour, I gave up.

"You're making me look bad, Mikey." I whined, throwing my club on the ground. I plopped down on the grass and looked up at him. He looked so good with his long sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his windblown hair.

"Hey, stop whining. C'mon, let me give you a tutorial." I groaned but accepted his hand and he pulled me up. I tumbled into his chest and breathed out a laugh.

"Okay, show off." He smiled and turned me around so that my back was pressed to his front.

"You start off like this." He placed his hands on my hips, gripping tightly. My breathing increased as I realized this was indeed sexual. He grabbed a club and placed it in my hands. He put his large hands over mine, guiding it. "Then you bend down ever so slowly..." His breath hit the side of my neck and desire coursed through me. I couldn't believe I was getting turned on as he bent over me slightly, my ass hitting his bulge.

"Michael..." I breathed, womb clenching. "Fuck it." I let go of the club and turned around, grabbing Michael's shirt and pressing my lips against his. He chuckled before kissing me back, cupping the back of my neck. A throat cleared behind Michael and we separated slightly, Michael's arms still around me.

"Michael." A man's voice called out. I froze, recognizing that voice. No way. It couldn't be. I looked around Michael and seeing the man confirmed my thoughts.

It was Lance.