Chapter 19

Daxton's P.O.V:

I heard the bell ring and I watched as little kids filed out of the elementary prep school. I could see that uniforms were mandatory because every kid that walked out of there wore the same thing. My eyes scanned the grass area, searching. Then, one kid stood out from the others. Though he was young, he was a little bit taller than his peers.

His hair was dark and long, curling under his ears. Even from where I stood, I could see his piercing silver eyes. That was definitely my son. I watched as he walked in my direction, saying bye to one of his friends. I called my mother before, telling her that I was going to pick him up.

I always maintained contact with my parents and told them not to tell Arielle. I closed my eyes, thinking and remembering my fiancé. When I opened my eyes, I saw that my son stopped in front of me, waiting.

"Are you gonna move?" He asked, straining his neck to look me in the eyes. I knelt down in front of him, smirking.

"Are you always this rude?" I asked, scanning his body. He seemed healthy and smart. Arielle did good.

"My mommy says to not talk to strangers. So move, giant." When I didn't move, he raised his foot. "I'll kick you and scream."

"No, wait, wait." I laughed. Of course his mother taught him that. "What's your name?" He squinted and thought about it.

"Only if you give me your name too. And then move." He bargained. Smart boy.

"Deal." I extended my hand and he shook it firmly.

"My name is Axel. What's yours?"

"Daxton. My name is Daxton." Axel's eyes widened.

"That's my daddy's name!" He said excitedly. He looked me up and down, stopping at my hair. He reached forward, gripping the long locks. "He has long hair like you too."

"Really, now?" I was surprised Arielle told Axel about me. I thought she would've told him I died or something. He nodded vigorously and then actually looked me in the eye. He gasped and placed both of his hands on my cheeks.

"Your eyes are so green. Just like my drawing!" This kid was a happy one.

"What drawing?" I asked, hesitantly placing my hands over his. I couldn't believe this was my child. 

"My family picture of me, mommy, and daddy." Suddenly he leaned forward, close to my ear. "Are you my daddy?" He whispered. He looked at me expectantly. I nodded slowly. He squealed and launched his tiny body into my large frame. "I finally found you!"

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes.

"Wait." He pulled away slightly. "What's my mommy's name? Her whole name? Mommy said you're the only person in the world, besides grandma and grandpa, that know all of her name. And me." He pointed to his chest. I smiled. This was too easy.

"Arielle Nalani Renata Dabria Fortunato." The Italian name flowed smoothly off my tongue and Axel's jaw dropped.

"You are my daddy!" He wrapped his arms around me again and tears sprang to my eyes. This was all I needed.

* * *

Arielle's P.O.V:

When I got home from work, I was exhausted. I ate a quick snack and went upstairs to change.

"Mommy! I found Daddy!" I heard Axel's voice and I frowned. He wasn't supposed to be home yet. I sighed when I comprehended what he said. He always tried to find a man that looked like his father.

"Baby, what are you doing home?" I jogged down the stairs. "And what do you mean you found your da--" My jaw fell open when I saw who Axel was holding hands with. 

Daxton looked a bit uncomfortable and I couldn't stop the reaction I had towards him, even after all these years. His hair was longer, falling flawlessly over his shoulders and his beard was grown out more than usual, but edged perfectly, framing his plump pink lips.

He was in one of his tailor made Armani suits and I just wanted to run my hands down his muscular arms. But then I snapped out of my stupor and pain from his sudden appearance resonated throughout my body. I had to reach deeply, but the ache was still there.

"Arielle." His deep voice called out.

"Daxton." I breathed, not trusting my voice fully. I couldn't separate the different feelings rushing through me. Anger, lust, want, hurt, pain...especially pain.

"You look good." He commented, gesturing to my body. I nodded and Axel looked between both of us.

"Mommy, can he stay today? Please??" Axel pleaded, clutching his father's hand tightly. My heart went out to him and I knew he needed his dad.

"Sure. Why don't you go and put your things up while I speak to your father, okay?" 

Axel ran towards me and nodded, giving me a big hug. I kissed the top of his head and patted his behind as he scurried upstairs. When I was sure he was our of earshot, I turned back to Daxton.

"What are you doing here, Daxton?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. He shuffled his feet and ran his fingers though his long hair.

"I--uh, I wanted to see Axel.....and you." He looked at me with those piercing green eyes that haunted me for four and half years.

"Bullshit! You had four years to see us and you come now? Now??" My voice got higher as I got frustrated. "You left us Daxton. Axel wasn't even old enough to remember you and now you wanna swoop in and play dad? That's not gonna work with me."

"Ari, I'm sorry. You don't know how sorry I am. I had t--"

"Don't give me that load of crap, Daxton!" I yelled, walking closer to him. "You left us! You left me! The tabloids attacked me, saying I drove you away, I wasn't good enough, or that you weren't ready to settle down and have a family. You know how long I cried? Two years! Two fucking years before I figured out it would be better to forget you instead of cry over a self-centered selfish prick---" 

I broke down, unable to finish my rant. I felt his arms wrap around me as I sobbed my heart out, releasing everything that I held in for all these years.

Daxton rubbed my back and leaned his chin on the top of my head. 

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.