Chapter 17

A/N- Hi! So the filler/introduction is over. Also readers who haven't read the manga, be warned that the following events will contain spoilers. I hope any of this doesn't stop you from reading this though.

I do not own Kuroshitsuji, just my Original Characters.

This takes place a little while after the ball.

~Campania Arc~

Charlotte:

The scenery as we headed to the Phantomhive Manor was for the lack of better words, breathtaking. Others may have found it boring or even creepy, with the mist-covered forest and the immense expanses of land, covered by numerous bushes and trees, surrounding the monumental mansion. I found it interesting. The place fit Ciel perfectly, for he was the boy who was shrouded in mystery to the "normal" people. Humans.

"Charlotte, pay attention!" I pried myself away from the window of the carriage, to look at my mother. My mother was quite a pretty woman, frozen at the age of 30, with long black hair and cerulean eyes that seemed to glow when she was happy. My father had granted her immortality, like himself and my other siblings, shortly after my eighth birthday, as my mother jokingly stated she felt left out and he had taken her seriously. My mother had wanted to be immortal like my father as she couldn't bear the thought of herself dying and leaving him but she had never thought it was possible. She was wrong. A loud sigh brought me out of my thoughts. "Sorry mother, I was just thinking. I seem to be having trouble concentrating today." I uttered out, curious whether that answer would please her. Her features softened, her lips curved into a smile. "You are always thinking, but never too much that you can't concentrate. What's on your mind, dear?" Her voice was soft, softer than usual, it was the tone she used when concerned. Oh, she was going to love my answer. "The scenery" I said, moving my head to look out of the window, as we neared the entrance. "The scenery? Whatever do you mean?" She asked, moving her gloved hand to my face, turning me towards her. "It's just so utterly breathtaking!" I sighed, as the carriage came to a stop. My mother sighed, shaking her head at me. I merely giggled as I heard her mutter something that sounded like 'strange child' under her breath. The door opened and a gloved hand reached out. I grabbed it and let Snake help me out of the carriage. "Good Morning, Snake!" He nodded at my greeting, a small smile gracing his features. I thanked him and he went to help my mother. Sebastian suddenly appeared in front of me, "Snake if you would be so kind to take Charlotte's luggage up to the room she will be occupying." He ordered and Snake hastily hurried to fetch my bags. "Alonzo, you help as well, please." My mother said to the driver, as she reached where me and Sebastian were currently standing. "Ah, Sebastian. So nice to see you again. I assume you are well." My mother pulled Sebastian into a hug, even though they were not related by blood my mother still treated him and the twins like they were her own children. "I am, mother, I presume you and father are as well." I laughed quietly to myself, it just seemed so out of character for him to address someone as 'mother'. "I would like to meet this Ciel, just so that I know my daughter isn't staying with a complete stranger. I would feel much more comfortable, since my said daughter decided to run away instead talking to her father and me about how she felt." I huffed irritably, as they were talking about me as if I wasn't there. "Yes, I understand completely." Sebastian replied. I merely sighed.

My mother's meeting with Ciel had gone quite smoothly and she had left the manor to go back to my father as they had an important meeting in France about my mother's new clothing range. It was decided that I was to stay here under the careful watch of Sebastian until they returned. Currently I was sitting in Ciel's office, whilst he did some paperwork, drinking the tea that Sebastian had made earlier. I set the cup down, thinking of different ways to start a conversation when the doors burst open. "Ciel, listen! We're having a family trip! We are going to travel to New York on a luxury ship for 3 weeks and Father was wondering if you would like to come!" Lizzy squealed, grabbing Ciel from his desk. "That's impossible, I'm far too busy." Ciel replied, trying to shake her off. I stood up and walked over "Do you mean the Campania's Maiden Voyage? Mother say that it is the most luxurious ship in the World!" I asked. Lizzy turned away from Ciel, a beaming smile on her face as she looked at me. "I can go if it's somewhere close." Ciel said, drawing her attention back to him. Then began conversing about a trip or something, whilst hugging. My heart suddenly felt constricted as I looked at the blush on Ciel face, I turned my head not wanting to look. Quietly, I left the room, it felt rude of me to intrude on their 'moment'.

A window suddenly opened, startling me. Sebastian. "Why are you dressed like a doctor?" I asked, trying to recover from my shock and forget the weird feeling I had just a moment ago. "As they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do." He replied, smirking. "Also, you are a demon you cannot keep getting startled like that, otherwise you are going to put yourself in danger. Work on your senses!" He scolded. Lizzy suddenly burst out of the office, her usual cheerful self, she didn't notice us though and skipped down the hallway. We walked back into Ciel's office, he didn't seem to notice as he was watching Lizzy enter the carriage, "What are you grinning at?" Sebastian asked, startling Ciel, causing him to blush furiously and yell out excuses. "I have obtained some interesting information." Sebastian said, interrupting Ciel. I zoned out as they began talking about some group called the 'Aurora Society' and a meeting this society was going to have on a luxury ship about the revival of the dead. "Charlotte? Are you listening?" I looked up, quickly as someone addressed me. "Since you are in my care, you have no other choice but to join us on the 3 week trip on the Campania."