22. Birthday surprises

Lydia's pov:
"So what are you getting me for my birthday?" I ask Stiles, my head in his lap as he flips through channels on the tv. He takes in a deep breath, twirling a strand of my hair.
"I can't exactly tell you." He grins and I pout.

"Pretty please!" I bat my eyelashes. Suddenly, Stiles starts to tickle me and I let out tiny little shrieks as he pins me down.
"I hate you!" I giggle. He pulls my hands above my head and I squirm under him.
"You love me." He smirks, inching closer to me.

"Hate you." I grunt as his weight makes me lose my breath. His lips hover over mine and he gives my hand a light squeeze.
"Love me." He whispers, lightly kissing me. I smile as he pulls away.
"Yeah." My voice comes out a whisper and he crawls off of me causing me to take a deep breath since his weight is gone.

"But seriously, what'd you get Lydia for her birthday?" I ask, speaking in third person. Stiles makes a "zipped lips" motion over his mouth and I roll my eyes.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"So Lydia's house? Eight pm?" Scott asks as we walk down the halls frantically. We handed out invitations to random people telling them it was a surprise and they nodded, quickly shoving the papers in their pockets.

"Yes. We'll be back from the movies around nine so get everyone to hide at eight forty five-ish." I command, slipping invites into the vents of lockers. We continue our spreading of invites until the first bell rings and we run to class.

"You're late." Ms, Blake scowls as we walk into her room. Scott has his stack of invites in plain sight and I spastically grab them from his hand, shoving them in my back pocket as we both sit down.
"What was that?" Lydia asks.

I shrug. "What was what?" I ask innocently but she doesn't seem to buy it. Plan B. I fake a sigh, dramatically reaching into my back pocket before pulling out two ticket stubs. Lydia gasps, pulling them from my hand and examining them.

"Private screening?!!!!" She shrieks, wrapping me in a hug. I chuckle. Allison playfully rolls her eyes at me and I throw her a wink before pulling away from Lydia.

"I know a guy." I smirk as if it's no big deal. We'd be the only two people in the theater, watching her favorite movie, The Notebook, on the big screen. You know how hard that was to rig?

She pulls me back into a side hug, repeatedly pecking me on the cheek in her moment of pure happiness. I was rather fond of plan B.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

School went by faster than expected as Lydia and I were now currently getting settled into our theater. Scott and Isaac we're currently at Lydia's house, as well as Allison, helping to set up decorations and crap. Lydia nestles into my side as the movie begins and I wrap my arm around her.

An hour later and my eyes were starting to droop, a yawn escaping my mouth.
"STILES!" Lydia shouts and my eyes pop open.
"Shit!" I groan, falling out of my chair and onto the floor. Lydia laughs and I stand, brushing myself off. The credits were currently playing and I sigh, Lydia standing and taking my hand in her own.

We walk out of the empty theater, hand in hand, Lydia's head resting on my shoulder. We reach the jeep and I open the passenger door for her before getting in my side.
"You really need to put in a radio." Lydia complains, her hand on top of my knee as I head towards her house.

"Why have a radio when the driver is a world class singer?" I ask and Lydia laughs.
"Hit me!" She giggles. I clear my throat for affect, tapping my thumbs on the steering wheel as she waits patiently.

"MAKING MY WAY DOWN TOWN. WALKING FAST. FACES PAST AND IM HOMEBOUND!" I sing loudly and horribly. Lydia bursts out in laughter and I grin brightly. I pull into her driveway, getting out of my side before she can and opening her door for her.

She intertwined our fingers, swinging our arms back and forth as we slowly walk up to her front door. I can see through one of the side windows that the lights are off and I mentally praise Scott. Lydia leans against the door, placing her hands on my shoulders.

I lean in, kissing her sweetly on the lips but she pulls me back in for another. And another. Until eventually we're silently making out on her front porch. But then I remember all of the people hiding inside and it takes all my self control to pull away from her. But her lips only transfer to my neck causing a chill to run through my bones.

"Uh. Lydia, maybe we shouldn't-"
"Do you know what I want for my birthday, Stiles?" Lydia asks, interrupting me. She unlocks the front door, pulling me through into the dark house. She then closes the door behind us before practically pinning me against it and I stare down at her.

"A bicycle?" I ask, letting out a nervous chuckle. She shakes her head, her small fingers starting to undo my belt buckle.
"Close... It's definitely something I can ride." My eyes widen and A shaky breath escapes my mouth. Her lips smash to mine and all I can think about is her surprise party. Speaking of.

The lights flip on and Lydia pulls away from me in a light squeak, turning around to see some of our friends trying to contain their laughter. I fix my belt and pants fast as possible, Lydia looking to me with a questioning glance.

I clear my throat. "Surprise." I throw up jazz hands with an awkward enthusiasm and she blushes, cursing under her breath. Everyone starts to converse and break of into different sections of the house but Allison, Scott and Isaac walk up to us.

"Hey you little horny freak." Allison smirks poking Lydia in the side but she seats my sisters hand away. Non the less, Lydia grabs her by the arm and drags her farther into the living room.
Isaac suddenly bursts out in laughter.

"That was great. Really it was. Usually I'm not on for parties but that was brilliant." Isaac says between chuckles and I scowl at him.
"I tried to stop it!" I argue.
"Oh, yeah, you put in a real effort." Isaac doubles over and I shove him so he stumbles to the ground.

Our friend Erica comes by, offering us a couple of beers and we gladly take them from her before she walks off.
"Derek?!" Lydia shrieks, grabbing my attention. I look over to see her hugging a tall, built up man with tan skin and dark hair. Derek. His name rings a bell. I watch as they converse a little before joining them.

"Hey! This is my friend, Derek. He's the guy I'd tell you about who'd work out at the gym with me." She introduces. I examine the guy, recalling Lydia's words 'he's not even fit'. Bull shit. This guys muscles were ready to rip his shirt open.

"Hey you must be Stiles." He smiles, holding out his hand for me to shake but I simply stare at it, causing him to awkwardly drop it to his side.
"Lydia, can I borrow you for a second?" I ask, my eyes still planted on this Derek guy. She nods and I pull her away, my hands lightly on her shoulders.

I never break my gaze from Derek, watching him over my shoulder as I guide her out of the room.
"Is someone jealous?" Lydia smirks as we stop in the kitchen.
"I'm not jealous. That guy's just very attractive." I explain causing her to roll her eyes.
"Stiles." She warns.

The party eventually dies down, our friends slowly leaving, one by one, handing her cards or small gifts as they exit until eventually it's my turn to go. I help her clean up quickly before giving her a kiss on the lips and heading out the door. All night I couldn't get her little comment out of my mind though.
"It's definitely something I could ride."

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:
Honestly I debated whether or not to put that little bike comment in there but I'm kinda glad I did😅

The next two chapters are gonna suck and I've already written them but I'm going back through trying to make them better. BUT they are the last two chapters so they're gonna seem rushed😕

CURRENTLY WORKING ON A THIRD BOOK SO GET PUMPED!!!
Comment, read, enjoy!!
-Chloe

P.s. - LOVE YOU GUYS!!! {feel like I haven't said that in a while😘}