Chapter 23: Welcome to the Club

The next three days were spent house hopping. What is house hopping you might ask? Well, that is when you  have to find a different house to stay at every minute of every day because you can't go back to the one that you are supposed to be staying at. Moral of the story: don't be stupid like me and hook up with someone while you're staying at your boyfriend's house for winter break.

I was lucky, though, because Tom clearly didn't mention a thing to his parents. Whenever I did need to stop in they greeted me with the same warmth and hospitality as they had before what had been dubbed the Ministry of Sound Incident. But I hadn't really seen them much because I honestly didn't know if I could handle it. Avoiding them and Tom was the best option I had right now.

Considering I had made a decent amount of friends while in England for school, you would have thought that I could find a house easy. Too bad they were Tom's friends before they were mine. Obviously I wasn't going to go ask Sam and Harry for a place to stay, but Janessa or Monica would have been a nice roomie. But that would be awkward because they were dating Sam and Harry. Then Emma and Bonnie... well they were there the night of the incident so they knew I was totally in the wrong and would never side with me. I only had one option left, really.

"It's like you never left!" Sophie exclaimed as I tossed my bag on her bed. I never brought my whole suitcase because I thought that would be odd.

"Yeah, we're roommates again," I replied with much less enthusiasm.

"You know, I thought that you weren't going to visit while you were here and I didn't want to be that annoying younger girl who constantly bothers you to hang out with me."

"You're not annoying, Sophie. You're like a sister to me, which is awesome since all I have is an annoying, little, attention-grabbing brother."

"Well that's how I am to Livvy: little, annoying, and attention-grabbing."

"Don't listen to her. You're awesome."

I had almost forgotten about Olivia Harrison when I had called Sophie. Actually, I had forgotten Olivia Harrison. I was hoping that I would never have to see her again after my horrendous time getting to know her during the past school year. But it was too late to go back now. Besides, I was desperate for a place to stay.

"Thanks, Kenzie. I really miss having you around here."

"And I miss being here."

"You're staying with the Feltons aren't you?" I nodded. "I would think that Tom would want to spend as much time as possible with you before you leave in a few days."

"I guess it's different when you live with someone. You kinda get... too much of them I guess, start to annoy each other... do stupid things..."

"Yeah, I understand. Ugh, were the GCSEs this horrible for you last year? I never saw you study once."

Sophie pulled out a stack of study tip books from under her bed and carried them over to her desk, dropping them with a huge bang. I jumped and as soon as I did, the tears started to fall. I probably looked like an idiot, I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I had been holding the tears since the Ministry of Sound Incident because I had no where I could cry without being bothered. Here, I had Sophie to bother me, but that barely counted.

"I'm so sorry, Kenz! I didn't mean to scare you!" Sophie said, quickly walking over to sit beside me on her bed and wrapping an arm around my shoulders in comfort.

"Y-you didn't scare me! I-I'm crying because I'm a-an idiot!"

"Why are you an idiot?"

"T-Tom and I were at a club with the H-Harry Potter cast and Rob was there and you know what happened w-with Rob." I looked at her and she nodded, knowing very well that Rob kissed me at my going away party. "Well, he k-kissed me again and this time I-I didn't stop him. I let him k-kiss me. And when we stopped, T-Tom was w-watching and we haven't talked since."

"So are you two... done?"

"Yes. No. I-I don't know. Probably."

"I'm so sorry, Kenzie. I'm so, so sorry." 

Sophie wrapped her arms around me and we hugged. We hugged for a good five minutes as I just cried and cried into her shoulder. It wasn't until we heard the bedroom door open that we looked up. I couldn't really tell who exactly was standing at the door because my eyes were so blurry, but it was either Mrs. Harrison or Olivia.

"Go away, Livvy."

"How can I go away after hearing something like that?" I was expecting that sentence to have a sympathetic tone, but it was more mocking than anything. Olivia sat down on my other side and placed a hand on my shoulder. It was the niceset gesture she had ever offered me. "You know how Tom and I broke up right? I cheated on him too." I winced at the thought of being on the same level as Olivia now. "And this is just how he is. He won't talk to you for a long time: no calls on the telly, no text messages, emails... you get the idea. And then out of no where he starts ranting about you and yelling at you when he sees you. So do you want to hear my advice?" I nodded, slightly intrigued. This girl probably knew what she was talking about. "Don't bother talking to him either. It'll just be a waste of your time because you won't get any response. Feel free to stay here if you want because it will honestly be your best bet."

Olivia gave me the smallest smile possible and stood up, ready to exit. This was the first time we had had a conversation without yelling at each other or calling each other a bitch and it was possibly the most horrible conversation I had ever had.

"Don't feel too bad, sweetie. Oh, and welcome to the club."

"The club?" Sophie asked.

"The club of girls who cheat on Tom Felton."

Olivia exited the room. I went back to crying on Sophie's shoulder.