Twenty Four ➵ I've Missed You

quick author's note *please read!*

so in this chapter there's a TINY bit of smut which isn't really smut but I'm just warning you all

"Areum!" Seungkwan breathes in relief once he answers the door. "Where have you been? What happened? I've been so worrie-"

"You sent Joshua?" I ask rhetorically and he looks at me confused.

"Well, yeah, I was on Skype with him anyway. It was just quicker and I knew you wanted to get out of there quick."

"But, Joshua, really?" I complain.

"We can talk about this inside. Come in."

I give in and follow him inside, sitting on the sofa opposite him.

"Can I get you anything?" He asks and I shake my head. "So, what happened?"

"Kim Eui was just being a bitch."

"Elaborate..." He encourages and I sigh.

"Fine. Her and her stupid little gang filled my locker with photos of Joshua and I. Then on way to class, she pulled my hair and knocked me over. That's all. Then I went to the bathroom and cried like a baby. I should have just punched the bitch-"

"Areum, calm down," he says quietly and I oblige. "We have to do something about this. She can't just keep bullying you."

"I only have a year left of school. I can manage."

"Areum, you don't need to pretend like everything's okay. Ever since you and Joshua broke up, something in your eyes is different. They're no longer always bright and happy, you just look empty. You used to be so sensitive but now you don't care about anything. Please open up to me." He begs and I sit there surprised at how observant he is towards me.

"I haven't changed." I mumble although I don't believe my own words.

"Stop lying to yourself, Areum. It's okay to be sad."

I huff. "I'm going to the bathroom."

As I stand, the bottom of my shirt reels up and Seungkwan gasps.

"Areum, what on earth is that on your side?"

I frown and tilt my head so I can see. My eyes widen when I see a darkening bruise spreading across my pale skin. It must have been from when the boy pushed me into the locker.

"What happened?" He asks softly, standing and approaching me.

"Oh, it was nothing." I brush it off but his concerned expression doesn't falter.

"Tell me." He demands in a concerned voice.

"Fine," I sigh. "Some boy pushed me into my locker this morning. No big deal."

"What?" He shrieks. "That's it, I'm calling Dino."

"You wouldn't dare!" My eyes widen at his threat.

"Try me." He says tilting his head.

"Don't be sassy with me, Boo Seungkwan!"

"You need to tell somebody about this, Areum!"

"Fine, you can tell my mum but please, not Dino. He's already too protective over me."

"Fine. I won't tell him." He sighs.

"Thank you."

"So, what happened with Joshua?"

"Well I slammed the door shut when I saw him. I just panicked, it was the first time I'd properly seen him since the break up. Then I kind of ran away from him and sort of almost got hit by a car-"