Chapter 6: The First Date

Aria's P.O.V

As I woke up the next morning, I suddenly heard Sean and mom's voice. Great just what I wanted. "Aria, are you awake yet?" Lana asks through my still locked door. 

"I'm not coming to the set today!" I yell back

"But don't you have an exam today?" she yells back

"Yes but I'm not going! You can't force me!" I yell back before texting Jared and telling him that I wasn't coming to school today. A second later, Jared replies with 'What's wrong?'. I just text him saying that Lana, Sean and I got into a fight last night. Suddenly my phone started ringing. Jared wanted to FaceTime me. I pressed accept before Jared's perfect face appeared on my screen. "What did you guys argue about?"

"Something very personal but I have something to ask you Jared."

"Hit me with your question, Ari." Jared answers through the phone

"Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow night?" I question him expecting him to say no but instead he replied with a yes. After talking for bit, we hung up because he had to get ready for work/school.

*THE NEXT NIGHT*

I can't believe Jared said yes. It was currently 6 o'clock and Jared was picking me up in 15 minutes. Once I completed the last curl in my hair, I headed downstairs into the lounge room. Both Sean and Lana were watching TV, I quietly sat down on the single couch whilst they were sitting cuddled up on the 3 seater. Mom, Sean and I haven't talked since yesterday morning. "Aria, why are you dressed up so nicely?" Sean asks me.

"I'm going out." I spat. This was the first time we have communicated since the fight. I wasn't angry or upset at Sean, it was all Lana's fault because she was the one who was looking in my room. "Aria, don't talk to your step-father like that." Lana sternly informed me.

"Fuck off." is all I said to Lana before getting up and heading to the front door. I sat down on the hanging chair outside waiting for Jared to hurry up and get here. 10 minutes later, Jared drove up the driveway. I ran to the car and jumped in. "What's wrong, Aria?" he asks whilst reversing out the driveway.

"Nothing. Let's just leave it at that for the moment, please." I state before looking out the window. It was quiet the whole ride to the restaurant. Once we got inside, we were shown our table. What is the smallest thing here? I question myself whilst looking at the menu. After ordering Jared gently grabbed my jacket covered arm. "I love you, Aria." he sweetly states with his beautiful smile. I smile back before telling him that I loved him too. After having dinner, we went back to Lana and Sean's house. We both hoped out before sitting down on the hanging chair. Suddenly both mom and Sean walk out the front. "Where have you been for the past 2 hours?" Lana rudely asks me.

"Fuck off." I state before punching mom in the right eye. After realising what I did, I ran up to my bedroom and cried my eyes out. Not even a minute later, Jared was in my bedroom, comforting me.

"Aria, why did you punch your mom?" Jared sweetly asks me.

"I don't know okay. I'm a fucking mistake!" I yell the last part. Suddenly both Sean and mom are in my bedroom too. "Aria, you are not a mistake." Sean informs me.

"Yes I am, neither mom nor dad wanted me." I state through my tears. It goes quiet before someone spoke. "I better get going." Jared states before giving me a kiss on the cheek and waving goodbye. After about 10 minutes of talking, we had decided that we would talk with Jen and dad privately tomorrow about everything and then everyone went to bed for the night.