Chapter 1: Learning the Truth

Aria's P.O.V

"Hey Aria, may we please talk to you about something?" mom asks from my bedroom door. As I nod my head yes, I place my phone on my nightstand. As mom and Colin got comfortable on my bed mom started to explain something. "Aria, honey, please don't get mad at me but you ain't my daughter." I just stared blankly at mom. "What?" I asked confused.

"Ari, you know how when you were younger and you always asked me what happened to daddy and I would always reply with the same thing, daddy left us. Well that was a lie, I didn't want to upset you." mom explained again.

"So for my whole life you decided to lie to me instead of telling me the truth." I said raising my voice at the end.

"Ari, please, listen to me. I was only protecting you from the truth. I didn't want you to get hurt and you were only young, you wouldn't of understood." mom informs me with a little bit of tears.

"So when were you going to tell me the truth?" I questioned.

"I don't know." mom admitted with her head down in shame.

"Just leave my room, now." I bluntly stated towards mom and Colin.

"Aria, please." mom begged.

"LEAVE!" I yelled towards her in frustration.

"ARIA, DON'T YELL TOWARDS YOUR MOTHER!" Colin yelled towards me

"Fuck off, Colin. I don't have to listen to you, you're not my parent."

"Actually, Ari, he is." mom pipes up

"Are you telling me the truth now or are you just lying to me... again?" I stated with a bit of sadness

"Ari, it's the truth, I am your biological father." Colin states.

"Then who is my biological mother?"

"That would be Lana." Colin answers. 

"What. I'm confused."I state. After a bit of silence, mom explains everything. "Ari..."

"Don't call me that." I bluntly explain to mom.

"Okay, Aria, when I adopted you, you were only 2 days old. I was informed that when you were born neither of your parents wanted you. No one in your family actually wanted you that's why you were sent straight to the local orphanage. They didn't even give you a name." mom explains to me.

"Does Lana know the truth?" I question. Both mom and Colin nod their heads, yes. I let out a big sigh. "I know this is a lot to take in so we will give you time. When you are ready you can come downstairs and have dinner, okay." Colin explains in his Irish accent. 

"Okay." I state before mom and Colin walk out of my bedroom and head downstairs. Great so basically I learnt that I am a mistake and an orphan. As the words kept repeating in my head, I decided to head to my connected bathroom. Once I was inside the bathroom, I locked the white door and went straight to back of my cupboard shelf and found my truest friend, my blade. After adding more than 20 new cuts in total, I washed both my blade and arms before placing the blade back in its spot and covering up my fresh cuts with my baggy jumper. That night sleep was very terrible because all I thought about was what mom and Colin told me.

*The Next Day- OUAT Set*

"Hey Ari." Lana happily says to me. I just completely ignore her and head straight to mom's trailer. After about 10 minutes, mom and Colin walk into the trailer. "Aria, why did you completely ignore Lana?" Colin asks me.

"Because." I simply answer.

"Because why Aria?" mom asks me with frustration.

"Because for the past 14 years, Lana has ignored me so now I'm ignoring her." I explain to both adults.

"You are going back outside to find Lana and say sorry for ignoring her."  mom sternly tells me.

"Fuck off, you're not my real mom." I inform mom.

"Yes but I'm your real father and you will do what Jennifer just told you." Colin tells me.

"Fine." I state in frustration before going to find Lana. After I found her, I apologized. "That's okay Ari. Your mom explained everything."

"She is not my mother. You are." I state towards Lana.

"Technically she is your mother, just your step-mother." Lana informs me. I let out a sigh in frustration.

"Hey how about tomorrow, you, me, Sean, Madz and Jack go shopping for your bedroom at my place." Lana happily says to me.

"Sure." I state with a smile on my face.