Stay Beside Me.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She took the days for pageant,
Became as mad as rabbits,
With bushels of bad habits.
Who could ask for any more?
Who could have more?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Anne's POV

"Wait.... Zack Hall? Panic's bodyguard?" I ask him.

"Yeah. He knows some people. I'm gonna talk to him about this whole situation." Brendon answered and made me scoot closer to him.

"And, Anne?" Brendon stares at me.

"Yes?" I ask, biting my lip.

"Don't you dare leave my side." He demands.

I don't like the idea of being dominated, but for some reason I felt safe with his words, and I believed there was no better reply:

"As if."

Brendon smiled at me and called Zack. He arrived at our house shortly after. It still feels weird to say that. Our house.

"Hey man." Brendon gave Zack a tight, man-like hug.

"Hey." He said hello to Brendon, his tone displaying forceful happiness.

"This is my- Uh, This is Anne." Brendon nervously said. I felt bad about the fact he was hiding our relationship, but I understood, so I chose to say nothing.

"Hey." I took my hand out of my pocket for Zack to shake, but he declined it. I just stared at the ground awkwardly. I could feel Zack's eyes on me, and Brendon's on Zack's.

"What is she doing here? Where's Sarah?" Zack asked, his tone of a demanding characteristic. Why is he like this?

Brendon's POV

"She's my maid. Me and Sarah... We're no longer together." I tried to explain as best as I could. This situation is awkward enough.

Why does he care anyway?

"So you live with her, alone, and you want me to assume she's only your maid after you freaked out about that guy threatening her?" Zack stared at me, an eyebrow raised and his arms crossed.

What the fuck is wrong with him? "Zack, why do you-"

"You said she was just a friend." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Actually, why the fuck do you care, Zack? For all I know, my manager's paying you, so your job is to take care of us." I nearly yelled at him, irritated about Zack getting into my personal business.

"No, my job is to take care of Panic, not a slut." He blurted out, not showing an inch of regret from his previous choice of words.

Oh, now you crossed the line.

"Okay, what the fuck is wrong with your sorry ass? You haven't even met her, asshole. She's not a slut. She's a simple girl trying to make her way through life. She was looking for a job, so I hired her. End of story." I spat out. Who the hell does he think he is?