The First Morning.

(The picture above is what Anne looked like in a bun!)
Also, thank you for your support on this story!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Taking everything for granted,
But we still respect our time.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I wake up in a very peaceful way, listening to birds chirping outside. I open my eyes and I see the barely visible sunlight piercing through the curtains. This room was too cozy to be a maid's room. I get up and go to the bathroom and proceed to take a shower and brush my teeth. I pick out some clothes that were fitting to spend the whole day cleaning, and put my hair up in a bun.

I go outside and start to make some coffee. There's one thing I know about Brendon, he needs his morning coffee. I thought it would be nice to impress him.

I hear some footsteps approaching the kitchen.

"Oh, hey. You must be the maid, I suppose?" A girl asks me. I assume it's Brendon's wife.

I nod. "That's right, miss..."  I pretend not to know her name.

"Sarah. I'm Brendon's wife." Her facial expression changed when she said the last two words.

Rude. "Pleasure to meet you! Would you like some coffee?" I offer her some coffee. I have to impress her. I hear some more footsteps approaching.

"No, thank you. I'm heading out." She says and shuffles with her keys.

"Okay. Goodbye, Miss Urie." I smile at her.

"Sarah. I'm Sarah." She corrected me in an annoyed tone. I stared down at the ground in embarrassment.

I blush. "Okay, Goodbye Sarah." She sighs and heads out the door. I keep quiet as Brendon sits down on the table and shuffles with some paperwork. The curtains are barely open, and letting out a decent amount of sunlight that still manages to reflect towards the now shiny kitchen floor.

"Would you like some coffee, sir?" I offer Brendon his coffee.

He tenses up, yet again. What is it? "Sure, thanks." He sighs, taking a sip.

"This is good, last time Sarah tried to make one it tasted like water." He bluntly said. He seemed annoyed and tired.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that. What would you like for breakfast, Mr Urie?" I asked him, trying to change the subject.

Tense again. He took a deep breath. "Call me Brendon. Just surprise me." He looked at me, staring outside of his glasses and from his paperwork. Why is he being so nice to me? I'm just his maid. We just met.

I stared at him. His face looked like a work of art- No, Anne. Keep it together. He's your boss, and he's married! I turned around to see what I could make with the ingredients here. Well, here's trouble.

Brendon stood up from his seat.

"You know what? Let's go shopping." He grabbed his keys from the table and finished his coffee.

I gulped. "But, Mr-"

"Brendon." He interrupted me mid-sentence.

"Brendon. I can't make you spend money just because I want to cook a certain plate, I'll just use the ingredients we have here." I looked down at the ground to avoid staring at him.

"Lets go." Brendon placed his hand in my shoulders, which caught my attention towards me and stared right into my eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

After a while, we arrived at the supermarket. Every time I'd look at him when we were in the car, he'd just smirk. He knew I was upset with him because of how much he worried to make me comfortable.

I grabbed the ingredients I needed, and basically rushed to the check out to pay, but Brendon was already paying for them.

I shot a glare at Brendon and crossed my arms. He placed his hand in my back and forced me to walk outside.

I groaned. "I'm your maid, Brendon. I don't need all of these commodities! You're paying me on top of everything you're doing for me, I feel terrible about this!" I sighed.

"I'm your boss. I'll give you all of the commodities I want to give you, missy." He pinched my nose, which made my face flush. I glanced down, hoping he wouldn't notice.

We hopped in Brendon's car and headed home. I made french toast and bacon, which Brendon seemed to enjoy a little too much, since he finished the plate fast.

"Aren't you gonna have any breakfast?" Brendon asked me.

I shook my head. "I had some spare bacon."

"No, there was spare french toast, too. Eat it, come on." Brendon said, gesturing to the fridge.

"I saved it for Sarah." I told him.

"Sarah won't give a shit about your french toast. Hell, I'd be surprised if she even stepped foot in this house more than once a week!" Brendon complained and took the french toast out of the fridge. It was still warm, because I had recently placed it there. He placed it on the table and he sat in front of it. I just stayed quiet. There was something strange going on between the two.

"Go on, eat." He gestured me to sit down and eat.

I sighed. "Brendon-"

"Please. I want you to be healthy." He insisted.

I hesitated. "What if Sarah comes home? What will she have?" I asked him.

"She won't." Brendon sighed.

"Just- Please eat." Brendon gestured for me to sit down again. I sat down and proceeded to eat. There was an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry- I just, I don't know what's going on." Brendon sighed. I stayed quiet.

"You're a girl, you should know about these things." Brendon stopped to look at me.

"Listen, just because you're my maid doesn't mean we can't be friends. I need someone to listen to me, and give me advice on this, because I don't know what to do." Brendon admitted.

"I'm here for you." I replied with honesty.

"Sarah. She used to be so amazing, and funny... Now she's being a total bitch, and she's been so distant from me. This has been going on for a year. She's barely home anymore. She claims she's doing some business or something, but I don't remember the last time we even talked to eachother." Brendon stared down at the table.

"Brendon. Can I be blunt with you?" I stared at him with nothing but honesty reflecting through my eyes. I was so worried for him.

"Go ahead." He looked up from the table.

"She's cheating on you." I blurted out. I was already feeling guilty.

Brendon shakes his head. "No, I know Sarah, she wouldn't-"

Brendon's phone rang in that exact moment. The call was so ironic, because I was proved to be right.

"It's a call from Sarah" He mouthed.

"Hello?" He put it on speakerphone.

"Hey dick, leave my girl alone, your bitching is making her suck in bed!" A voice was heard through the phone's speakers.

Brendon hung up the phone and stared down. He slammed his fist in the table.

"Fuck." Brendon said. He got up to the bar to get a drink, and that's when we both noticed something sparkling on top of the bar stool.

Sarah's ring.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Word Count: 1195