Prologue

My eyes stay closed, but I knew they knew I am awake. They sit there watching me; waiting. . . My body gerks violently as the last injection from 'The Study' administers. Strong arms pin me down as my body struggles to break away. "After all these years of research, it has finally worked." A voice said. "Yes, it is time for the trial stage. Cross, is the Academy ready for her arrival?" Another man asked. "Yes, she has been registered as a Day Class student., though she will be placed into the Night Class as you requested. Are you sure you want to put her through this?" The man named Cross replied. "Her blood is now rich and I am sure every vampire at Cross Academy will thirst to feed off of her. This is a test of self control; for her and the vampires. She is a human, that posesses the soul of a Pureblood. Her abilities have heightened and no vampire can sense her as anything but human. She is the perfect vessel." The same man replied. "Does your boy know she's coming?" "Zero knows his long time best friend is coming. He does not know of her testing though and shall remain in the dark until it is time." Cross replied. Zero. . . My body calmed at the mention of his name. We'd both come from Hunter families; mine and his were exceptionally close. Both our parents died in the same accident; a Pureblood killed them, though Zero, Ichiru and my fate were set into different paths. I was 'saved' by a vampire senate member, Zero was turned into a level E by the Pureblood and Ichiru lives as a faithful servant for the Pureblood that killed our parents. Zero, Ichiru and I kept in contact through letters; not Zero and Ichiru though, they thought the other was dead. I miss them both terribly and my heart aches knowing I will be able to see one of the Kiryu twins again. "Her transformation is complete; you can let her go now." A voice commanded. The grasps on my arms and legs were removed, but I made no move. "Pretty girl, it is time to wake up." A voice cooed beside my ear. I still made no move; the blood coursing through my veins felt odd and my limbs felt rigid and strong. I knew they had succeeded; the vampire senate and the Hunter society had finally pulled it off. After twelve minor injections and twenty major they finally have manipulated my soul, my heart into that of a Pureblood. "This may entice her to behave." The voice said. I suddenly smelt something mouthwatering; I lurched forwards sinking my new vampire fangs into the arm of a human man in the room. He groaned in pain then relaxed as the sensation became tolerable; this is it. . . I have become a monster. The first human Pureblood to roam the earth; my powers unknown, my strength unknown, my sanity unknown. . .