Over-Protective ~Hitsugaya One-Shot~

Começar do início

Mallory allowed herself to be dragged away forcibly, turning her head to stare at the crisp white hair of the young Captain. She smiled when she thought of how wonderful it was to have such a lover, despite his over-protection. But she didn't mind the possessiveness, it just told her how much he really did care. It was a welcome reminder.

~~~TT^TT~~~

"Matsumoto!"

"Ne? What's wrong, Taichou?"

"Teme..." Hitsugaya muttered, a vein appearing on his forehead as Mallory just smiled and laughed softly at his facial expression. He was so cute when he was angry. "Get that damn camera out of here! Now!"

"But, I need pictures for our Squad's report!" Rangiku protested, trying to steady the camera so she could take a good enough picture. "Now, smile for the camera!" She sang merrily before she began to start snapping photos.

"MATSUMOTO!" Was Hitsugaya's angry yell as the pictures--after developing-- revealed the boy reaching out for the camera in several snapshots, and behind him was Mallory looking confused before she had cracked up in a fit of hysteric laughter. The only good shot that Rangiku managed was one of Hitsugaya blushing scarlet when Mallory kissed him on the cheek.

"Arigatou for the pictures, Hitsugaya-taichou!" Rangiku sang as she skipped out of the room, photos in hand. Surely, she could get Shuuhei to put this in the Shinigami paper... Poking her head back through the door, she glanced over at Mallory. "Oh, Mallory-san, good luck with Taichou!" She winked before dodging a couch pillow that was aimed strategically at her head by the angry Squad Ten Captain.

"Ya know, she's just playing around with you," Mallory told him, recovered from her laughing spasm. "She doesn't mean much of anything by it."

"Yeah, yeah," He sighed angrily, trying to ward off his annoyance with the deep inhale. It did little to help him. "It doesn't mean it won't annoy me."

"You're so easily annoyed, baka." She stated, poking his forehead. He just shook his head as she sat back, leaning against him. At this action, the boy's cheek lit, but the uncomfort was soon replaced by a sweet happiness as he leaned his head on top of hers. He knew he could count on her to brighten her day and calm him down, no matter what. Her soft smile, that's what he truly loved to see. He didn't want anyone to hurt her; so he would protect her from threats like Gin.

After a few hours of talking, Mallory had fallen asleep. Her head rested gently on his lap, light brown hair breaking free of it's ponytail, spread out on Hitsugaya's lap and the couch. Her bangs had fallen in front of her face, laying down in random places on her face. He gazed down at her, transfixed by her sleeping form. Carefully, he moved a few strands of hair from her eyes. She stirred for a moment and Hitsugaya stiffened, in fear that he had accidentally awakened her. But she just went still again and her breathing became soft and even once again.

He could not help but smile at the girl who was sleeping so peacefully. He never really knew that someone could be sweet and shy as her, but at the same time so happy and free. She wasn't one to cry, but was always so easily frightened. However, with him here, she would have to reason to be afraid anymore. Any fear, any worry, he would mend it or chase it away. Nothing would ever hurt her as long as he was here.

"Baka..."

He refocused back on her, brought back to reality by the soft murmur of a word that had floated past her lips. It had taken him a few moments to recognize that she was sleep talking and not awake. The habit had always amused him; she often said the strangest things. It was almost as funny, he had once thought, as when she tried to tell the punch-line of a joke but ended up cracking up hopelessly in the end.