Chapter 21: The Boy with a Pikachu

Start from the beginning

I shook my head again. If this kept up, I really would lose my title as champion. I couldn't let that happen! "Dream Eater, Espeon!"

Espeon started to drain Noivern's power through a red beam of energy as it slept. Noivern clenched its eyes in pain, but stayed asleep due to the strong Hypnosis of Espeon. "Noivern!" Before we knew it, Noivern was almost all the way down. But then, something happened that I didn't expect.

Noivern woke up, glaring at Espeon. I let out a breath in shock. "What? How did it wake up?" Not only did it wake up, but seemed absolutely fine when it flapped its wings to fly again. I stared at it in awe. Noivern must have had a lot of training for it to have woken up that fast.

Which meant that this was actually going to be a fun battle. I glared at Ash. "Impressive. No one has been able to wake up from Espeon's Hypnosis until now." I threw my arm forward. "But now the fight really begins! Swift!"

Thousands of stars flew out of Espeon's mouth around the arena. Noivern tried to fly away from them, but just ended up getting hit with one every second. "Blow them away with Gust!" Ash called. Noivern stopped flying and hovered in the air as its wings flapped strongly and fast to let off a wind that made the stars disappear. I lowered my arm in frustration. "Now, get it with Extreme Speed!"

"Dodge!" I yelled. Espeon barely made it, twisting her skinny body to land on all fours. But Noivern was too fast, and hit Espeon head on. She flopped onto the floor, and struggled to get up. "Espeon!" I said in worry. "Get up!" She stood on all fours again, and I sighed. "All right, let's finish this. Psybeam!" Espeon let out a quick beam of light the Noivern tried to fly away from, but Espeon was too quick. The beam hit its wing, making it fall to the ground in pain. Ash looked worried now, and I closed my eyes to feel the spark between us. "Psychic."

Espeon glowed brightly, and let off a power surge. Noivern cried out in pain, and fell to the floor in defeat. I let out a breath in relief. Good. I was starting to think that Ash would actually beat her.

He returned Noivern, and looked at his pokéball. "Thanks, Noivern. You deserve a rest."

"Had enough yet?" I asked, my arms crossed again.

"Not even close!" he answered. "I'm all fired up, now!"

My whole body almost shattered. I gasped in shock, and lowered my head in sadness. Espeon cried in wonder, and Eevee rubbed my face to comfort me. Tears fell down my face, and I shivered. They all noticed, and Ash spoke first. "Huh? What's the matter?"

I turned my body away. "This match is over," I told them. "Congratulations, Ash Ketchum."

"What?" I could hear serious confusion as he heard this. But I didn't care. I just started to walk out of the arena.

I didn't stop until I was back in the lobby. I found a table in the corner, and sat down. He said it. The one phrase I heard all the time from the one I loved. More tears fell as I sobbed, and Espeon hopped up to the seat to lay in my lap. My gloved hands were shaking as the table started to get wet. Eevee cried softly, placing her cheek on mine.

"I knew there was something wrong," I heard Malva come up to me, with other footsteps alongside her. "Do you realize what you've done? You forfeited the match! You're no longer champion!"

"I don't care!" I sobbed.

"Would you pull yourself together? You look like you just-"