It's A Girl - Pt. 2

(It's here, Fedorable Stumplets! It's finally here! Thank you all so, SO much for being so patient. I feel so awful about the wait. All of your kind, encouraging words has helped me so much. Knowing that I'm cared about by you guys is just an amazing feeling. All I can say is thank you. <3 )

You sat next to Patrick for the rest of the night, watching his chest make slow, struggled rises, and making sure that it continued that pattern. He had fallen asleep, but would still wince every now and then in his sleep.
Your daughter was healthy and was the only thing that could make you smile. She had been asleep for a majority of the time.

Patrick's body suddenly began to shiver and sweat beaded on his forehead. You softly stroked his cheek with the back of your hand. He woke up, jumping slightly. His eyes darted around the room before landing on you.
"{Y-Y/N}," He stammered out, trying to catch his breath. His tone was confused and scared.
"Shh, what's wrong?" You cooed, carefully rubbing his arm, minding not to brush over any of the wounds.
He looked down at his daughter and drew a sigh of relief. "Oh, it was just a dream." He said, trying to rest his head back comfortably, but couldn't as the surface was completely hard.

You guessed that he dreamed that something happened to her.  You held her out closer to him as he smiled at her, then up at you. 
"We can't let them take her,"  He said in anger through gritted teeth.  "We need to get out of here."
You shook your head and sighed, looking up at the ceiling.  "How?"  You asked, but he didn't reply.

Suddenly, you whipped your head around when you heard the door open.  In walked someone who didn't have the figure of a woman.  They wore a mask, and kept silent until the door shut again.  But once it shut, they revealed themselves.
It was Pete, and he darted over to the both of you.  "Are you guys okay?!"  He asked frantically.  Patrick smiled weakly at him, and worry instantly came over his face.  "Okay, yeah no, you're not freaking okay."  He said, but then he looked at you and the baby. 
You smiled as well, and Pete simply stood in shock.  "Y-you... the kid... wow."  He stammered out, running his fingers through his hair, trying to take in the situation.

You kept silent as Patrick finally said something.  "What are you doing here?"  He asked.
"I was chased outside this warehouse, and I heard you."  Pete replied, seemingly a bit calmer.
"Can you help us escape?"  You added to the conversation.
Pete shrugged his shoulders and said, "That's what I came for, succeeding with it?  Not so sure."

(Sorry this part is so short.  I really wanted to get it out to you guys as soon as I possibly could.)