Allergies

You walked into your apartment to see Patrick playing Mariokart while sitting on your couch. He paused the game and looked over at you with a smile.
"Hey," He said, jumping up and walking over to you to peck your lips. "How was your day at work?" He asked, wrapping one arm around you.
"It was good, but-" You started to say, but was cut off by him saying, "Uh oh, what happened?"

You sighed and walked over with him to the couch to sit back down. "Well, nothing really but... um... you might just want to stay away from me for a little bit." You tried explaining.
You had been volunteering at a local animal shelter over the summer, and today you were in charge of the cats. Patrick was badly alergic to them, and you didn't want him to have a reaction to the pieces of fur on your clothes.
"Why?" He asked with a puzzled look.

You smiled nervously and said, "Well, I'll go change clothes and then explain."
But he pinned you against the back cushion of the couch and pleaded, "No, I want to know!"
You sighed and started to say what you did today, but stopped when you noticed his eyes become red and watery already.  "Oh no"  You thought dreadfully.

He blinked a couple of times and sniffled. "I, uh... I was in charge of the cats today..." You said, ducking your head down under his arm to sit away from him.
He giggled and sniffed his nose again. "Oh well, you were helping them." He said, wiping the corners of his eyes that were becoming more red by the seconds.
You didn't expect him to be upset about it, and he wasn't by any means.
"I'm sorry." You apologized, reaching over to grab a box of tissues for him, just in time before he sneezed.