Chapter 20

|RYLIE'S POV|
"AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" With that scream ripping through my throat, I jerk myself awake.
Within a second, Mia is sitting on my bed, holding me in her arms.
I've been having nightmares since Jazz was taken. In them, I can feel what she feels, but I don't know who has her or where it is that they have her.
Mia says it's because we are so close. The closer you are to someone the stronger your emotional bond. It's the strongest between mates (especially after they've mated) but there is the occasional friendship that is strong enough for a bond. Apparently, Jazz and I are closer than I realized...
"What happened?" She questioned in a soft, quiet voice.
"Pain... So much pain... So-so much..."
Seeing that I was in hysterics, she just rubs my back.

---------------------
"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream, making people snap there heads in my direction.
I look at one half of the people crowding in the house. "Who are you? Why are you here? You don't know Jazzlynn." I briefly recognize how rude that sounded.
Feeling a touch on my arm, I look over to see Mia (she's barely left my side since the night Jazz was taken). She's looking at me with a calming expression on her face and when she speaks, her voice is quiet. "They're Arabella's friends. They're here to support her."
I sigh and just walk out of the room.
"Have you been having these strange feelings?" I turn on my heel to find Arabella had followed me out. "About Jazzlynn?"
"I've been having nightmares and in them I can feel what she's feeling. The last one she was in great..." I let my voice trail off for a moment, knowing that it was about to crack.
"Pain?" She suggests.
I nod. "You?"
"Not as vivid as yours seem to be, but I can feel that something is wrong. Whatever they are doing to her, it isn't good."
I look at her for a moment. "I'm scared of what they are doing. Whatever it is, it's painful and it seems to have affected her ability to speak telepathically—otherwise she would have contacted one of us."
"I feel like we should be out there, searching. But I don't even know where we would start...." Arabella shakes her head.
"How about outside her window."
We both snap our heads in the direction of the voice to see Mason coming up to us.
"What do you mean?"
He looks straight at me. "Did you know Adam is a tracker?"
I shake me head. "No..."
"Yeah. He didn't either, until he went up to her room and was drawn to the window. After jumping out, it was like he could see exactly where they went."
"Well, then, we have to go." As I'm saying this, I have started walking back to the house.
"Mia! Where's Adam?" I narrow my eyes at her sheepish expression. "He already left."
"Not fair! You looked in my head!" Well, that was uncharacteristically childish for Mia.
"I didn't have to. I saw it on your face."
She mumbled something under her breath that sounded suspiciously like 'shit'... "He didn't want to take you—or Arabella, for that matter—because he didn't know what he was going to be walking into and you two are the closest to her and would lose your cool the quickest."
"So, now what do I do?! Sit around and paint my nails?! My best friend is in trouble!!"
"I don't know that you should paint your nails.. They really are quite cute right now."
"Stop. You're trying to distract me from going to look for her."
"You don't need to go. Adam is more than capable of bringing her back."
"What about getting her, huh?" She looks confused. "What, do you think they're going to just hand her over?" I laugh bitterly. "You have no idea what you just sent him into."
With that said, I walk out of the room.

---------------------------
"SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!"
Arabella and Mason look at me, startled by my sudden outburst. We were all three just sitting alone in Jazzlynn's room—as we have been for the past few days—and neither of them had said a word.
"We weren't saying anything...." Arabella trails off.
Mason shakes his head. "She wasn't talking to us. She was responding to the annoyance someone's thoughts are providing."
Ara nods and goes back to staring at the ice/glass panda thing she made for Jazz. She said that as long as it is still solid, Jazzy is alive. So, she stares at it constantly—willing it not to melt, willing Jazz to come home safe.
"What was who thinking?" Mason inquires. He's been really sweet, helping me through this.
"Mia." I all but spit her name. "She's whining about how she misses Adam and hopes he's okay. She let him go. She should have known how stupid that was. Now, neither of them may come back."
"NO!!!" Arabella shouts. Then, much quieter, she whispers, "She'll come back. She has to." She seems to be trying to convince herself. "The panda is still here, so is she. She'll be okay. She'll come back to me."
"ADAM!!!!!" All of us perk up at that shout.
Please have Jazzlynn. Please have Jazzlynn.
I take the stairs 3 at a time. What I see when I catch sight of the entryway, stops me cold.