Chapter 16

|JAZZLYNN'S POV| ~DREAM~
*doorbell chimes* "Jazzlynn, Arabella is here!" Mia calls up the stairs.
I take a deep breath, looking in the mirror. "You can do this." I whisper.
When I reach the front hallway, I'm shocked. Arabella looks absolutely stunning, with a Cheshire Cat t-shirt, ripped black skinny jeans, vans, and a little blue tail hanging from one of her belt loops.
"You look amazing." I breath as she leads us to the car.
"I know." She says, unusually cocky.
"Um..... Where are we going?" I inquire, trying to push past the comment she just made.
"Shut up."
I stare at her, wide-eyed. "W-what?"
She looks at me. "I said: shut up. You have cotton in your ears or something?"
"N-no. It's just.. You've never spoken to me like this before."
"I should have! Do you know the pain you have caused me?! The nights spent crying-thinking you were going to reject me-after you ran off when we met and avoided me, the way you looked at me that first day I found you in the library, and just today when you went so far as to fly on top of a book case to hide from me!! Do you know what that felt like?! No, you don't. Because I've been so nice to you, even after you hurt me. Well, I'm-"
I didn't hear the rest of her sentence because I through myself out of the car.
~END OF DREAM~

I jolted awake with a piercing scream, as my face hit my floor. I deserved that. I did those things, when all she did was be nice and supportive....
Seeing a light in the hallway flick on, I ran to my open window and jumped out. About five seconds later I realize I didn't pull my wings out before I jumped. I snapped my wings open so fast and with so much force that it felt like they were trying to rip off.
As soon as I reached my waterfall, I started feeling around the seams where my wings meet my back. I take a relieved breath. They're not torn in any way, they're just sore. Note to self: No last minute wing snaps.
That dream was terrifying. My worst fear. I realized. I hope that doesn't really happen. I can't deal with her leaving me, not when I just convinced myself that she wouldn't.....
I eventually drift back off, this time no bad dreams await my arrival.

-------------------
When I woke, it looked to be about noon. Flying back to the house (I'm so glad my wings had time to rest) I just close my eyes, enjoying the wind in my face, the feeling of serenity.
Landing in my room, I go over to my bed. I grab my phone to see 10 missed calls and 20 texts. Naturally, about 8 of those 10 calls and 15 of those 20 texts were Rylie.
Knowing she would kill me when she got home, especially if I didn't answer her, I replied to Ry first: "I'm fine. I just had a bad dream and went and spent the rest of my night at my secret place."
Then I replied to the 2 texts and 1 call from Mia. "I'm okay, Mia. I just needed to be alone. Sorry for scaring you."
The other texts and calls were Arabella (Rylie must've given her my number). "I'm sorry, I had a bad dream and needed to be alone. No, I'm not ditching out on our date."
Rylie responded with the customary 'You'll tell me when I get home.' basically leaving no room for discussion, so I didn't even bother trying to have one. She wouldn't sway anyway.
Mia did what she usually does and was patient and supportive. She didn't tell me that I was telling her later, she, simply, asked if I would like to talk about it when school is over.
Arabella was really sweet and asked if I would like to confide in her, or if I needed to postpone our date. This leads me to believe that my mind was just running wild and conjuring up the worst case scenario, so I calm a little knowing that it was all in my head and she doesn't hate me.

--------------------
So school is over and I am telling Rylie about the nightmare.
"Oh, sweetie...." She breathes, pulling me into a hug. I didn't realize I had started crying until my tears start soaking through her shirt.
"It was so scary, Ry...... And I couldn't blame her as she was saying all of that because it was true......" I sobbed.
"Well, true or not, the real Arabella adores you. I don't think she will do what dream her did."
I nod. "I hope not..."

-------------------
Walking downstairs, I hear a gasp. Registering that it was Arabella, I give her a questioning look. "You look so beautiful." She breathes out.
"You don't look so bad yourself." Woah..... Where the hell did that confidence come from and was that a smirk thrown in there at the end? I didn't even know I knew how to smirk...
"Okay, smartie. You ready to go?" She inquires with a small smile on her lips.
I nod and we get in the car. "Where are we going?"
She glances at me and I can feel her fear.
"Hey." I place my hand on her shoulder. "Don't be afraid. I'm sure whatever it is you have planned, I'll love it."
She looks at me. "How did you know I was scared?"
"Oh! Right. It's one of my abilities."
"One of them?"
"Yeah. I have 2. Feeling and manipulating the emotions of others (though I haven't really tried the manipulation, yet) and telepathy."
"Really?!"
Instead of telling her out loud, I send her a mind message, if you will. "Yes."
"Woah...... That's so cool!!!" She exclaims.
I laugh. "Yeah. Do you have any abilities?"
She looks at me, and I notice we are parked. "You know a place with a pond, lake, or waterfall?"
For a minute, I just sit there. Should I tell her about my place? Am I ready for that? "Uh.... Yeah, I do."
She smiles. "Awesome. After we play a few games, ride a few rides. We'll go and I'll show you my ability."
After she says that, I realize we are at a carnival. I get this huge grin on my face and jump out of the car.
Once we're inside, I start running to the food stands. Arabella is just laughing at my excitement.
We are currently in line for snow cones and I am doing a ridiculous little dance and singing. "I'm gonna get a snow cone. I'm gonna get a snow cone." Over and over, while Arabella is struggling to keep herself on her feet as she is laughing so hard at me.
When it's our turn, she has sobered up enough to say: "Blue Raspberry."
So, right now, I am munching on my snow cone as Arabella tries to win me a giant panda. What? I like pandas and she insisted on winning it.

-----------------
A few hours and 4 snow cones later, we are on our way to my spot. Oh! In case you were wondering, she did win me the big panda and I have named him Oreo.
When we reach the woods that surround the lake and waterfall, I tell her to get out. "We have to fly from here, unless you want to spend hours trudging through those trees, getting scratches all over your arms."
"Let's fly." She says.
"Wise choice." We pull our wings out and fly over the trees.
When we're directly over it I start a dive, pulling up at the last minute and gently and gracefully landing on my feet. By which, I mean landing with one foot on a rock that just rudely decided to flip me over.
"Oww!!"
"You okay?" She says, slightly concerned, but I can hear the hint of a laugh in her words.
"No!!! The damn rock pushed me over and now my butt is broken!!"
She doesn't even try to hide her laugh this time. "Jazz, I don't think rocks can push and I'm pretty sure you can't break your butt." She says between laughs.
I huff, refusing to look anywhere but at my hands.
"Jazzlynn." She says. I don't answer.
"Jazzlynn, look at me." This time I do look up and what I see is the most amazing sight I have ever laid my eyes on.
She's moving the water around. She's made it into the shape of a panda.
"That's so beautiful." I breathe out, coming to stand next to her by the water.
She makes the panda smaller and brings it closer to us. She freezes it and lets it drop into her hand.
"Here." She passes it to me.
"But, won't it melt?"
She shakes her head. "I've hardened it to be almost like glass. As long as we are both alive, that panda will not melt."
Best first date, ever.