Chapter 18

|JAZZLYNN'S POV|
"Tonight?!"
"Uh huh."
"The date is tonight..?"
"Jazz.... You've asked the same question like 20 times. Why do you keep repeating it if you know the answer?"
I shrug. "I figured if I asked enough times, the answer might change...."
"Well, it's not changing and they'll be here any minute."
"Damn it, Rylie!! I really hate you sometimes."
She grins. "But you love me all the time." She quickly exits, shutting the door just in time for the pillow I threw to hit it, instead of her.

|ARABELLA'S POV|
"You two be good." Harley says, before kissing my cheek.
"Of course." I say.
At the same time, Mason says. "How could we not be good?"
Harley ignores his comment. "Make sure they are comfortable, have all the food and drinks they want, and you two better let them choose the movie." She adds a stern look at the end.
That last part may seem strange but in all honesty it is very justified. Mason and I have been know to hog the TV... But it's mainly Mason...
I give her a nod. "Of course."
As I am replying, Mason chimes in with a groan. She turns her stern look to solely face him. "Mason Emrys Braxton. I don't want to hear a single report that you tried to rob those girls of what they want to watch. They are the guests and, whether I am here or not, what is my rule?"
"'Treat the guest as if they are royalty, and regard them with the upmost respect and comfort'"
That is one of Harley's biggest rules, word-for-word as she tells us all. It's not a very big deal that he memorized the whole thing, hell, she makes us all memorize it. She has a very big thing for respect.
"Baby..." Came Owen's unusually quiet voice. He's not loud but he isn't quiet either.
It's another one of her respect things, that if you absolutely must interrupt someone, you should do it quietly—not rudely.
She looks at him. "If we don't leave now we'll miss the movie."
Now, normally she would consider this a thing that could wait until after she was done talking, but she apparently really wanted to see this movie. So, with one more look in our direction, Harley lets Owen lead her to the car.
Immediately after closing the door, I smack Mason's arm.
"Hey!" He yelps out, indignantly. "What was that for?!"
"You know nothing good ever happens when you bite Harley's hand!!"
He looks down. "I know...."
I open my mouth to yell at him some more but decide to just leave it be.
"Go and get the girls." I call to him over my shoulder, as I am on my way to the living room. "I'll finish setting up."

---------------------
About 30 minutes later, I hear a car pull up. I quickly make sure everything is ready, before going to meet them at the door.
Jazzlynn looks so beautiful, I swear I look like a cartoon character with my jaw on the ground. Oh my god, she's blushing!!!
At my excited thought, Jazzlynn looks a little confused and Rylie looks at me with a grin on her face. Oh!!! Jaz felt my sudden excitement and is now wondering why it's there. And Rylie must've heard my thoughts (I briefly remember Mason saying something about her reading minds).
I snap myself out of my thoughts, realizing I didn't greet Jazzlynn. "Hey, Jazzlynn." I smile, warmly at her.
This seems to calm her down, as she starts to look just a little less awkward. "Hey."
Grabbing her hand, I study her face for a moment. Concluding that this is okay, I lead her to the living room.
After going to get drinks, I sit next to her. Close enough that I'm comfortable, but not so close that she isn't comfortable.
Jaz picked a comedy and, can I just say, her laugh is adorable.

--------------------
"We should go home." Jaz looks at Rylie.
"We'll drive you."
"No. You don't have to. We'll be fine."
It took some debating, but after awhile... I lost and the girls walked themselves home.

|RYLIE'S POV|
After a fun night, an amusing argument between Jazzlynn and Arabella, and a long walk home, I settle myself into bed.
But I can't help recalling the feeling I got on the walk home, like someone was following us. Every time I looked, there was no one there....
RYLIE!!!!!
If I could jump out of my skin, I would've. I soon realize it Jazzlynn.
Yes?
HELP!!!!
I, immediately, jump out of my bed and run to her room. I find it empty, but it's completely trashed. Jazz would not have done this....
Where are you?!
I don't know. I was sleeping and some guys came into my room- She cuts off abruptly.
I start screaming in my head. Hello?!
Jazzlynn!!
Answer me!!!
Jazzlynn!!!!
After about 10 minutes, I realize she isn't going to answer and that... This may be the last time I ever hear from my best friend.....