Chapter 11

|JAZZLYNN'S POV|
People think skydiving and swimming with sharks are dangerous, but you know what's really dangerous? Thinking.
Now, before you scoff and start laughing at me, let me explain. It has now been two weeks since I met Arabella and I have not stopped thinking since. 'Does she accept me?' 'Do I accept her?' 'What if she doesn't accept me?' 'What if I don't accept her?' 'I wonder what she's doing right-no I don't-yes I do.' 'I want to be with her....... Don't I?' 'But what if what they said about Blood Angels is true?' 'What if it isn't?' 'I don't care that she a Blood Angel..... Do I..?'
I thought maybe time would help, but I'm more confused now than I was before. I want to talk to someone but the only person who understands is Rylie and that's because she's going through it herself. I don't want to put my pile of confusion on top of hers.
At this point the very girl I'm talking about walks into the room.
"Hey, Jazzlynn?" She looks nervous and unsure..
"Yes?"
"I know you're dealing with stuff too but I really need to talk to someone."
"Talk away."
"Okay. Well, you know I met my mate." I nod. "And that he is a blood angel." Another nod. "I know it's wrong but part of me just wants to see him. I know what he is and what they said about them but everything they said about us was wrong, so they could've been wrong about them too, right?"
"I understand. I've been having the same internal battle. And the thought that they were wrong has crossed my mind.... I just don't think I'm ready to try to see her yet, but if you are, then go for it. Just don't pull a Rylie and try to get us together, okay? I'll come around in my own time."
"How do you always know what I'm thinking? I thought I was the mind reader...."
I laugh a little. "I just know you and I know that you want to fix this but it's something I need to do."
"Okay. I'll let you do it in your own time."
I give her a pointed look. "Uncross your fingers."
"Damn it!!"
I smirk. "Go get your guy."
"You think I'm ready?"
"You've always been quicker to accept change than I have. I think you'll be fine."
Nodding, she leaves the room.

|RYLIE'S POV|
I'm kind of freaking out and I don't know what to do, but it still looks like I'm doing better with this than Jazzlynn is. We were all told from a very young age how horrible Dark and Blood Angels are, then we had to come to terms with being one of those "monsters", and now we have to be okay with our mates being the other "monster"....
It's a lot to take in and process. I've always been sort of good with that, so I've come to terms with everything. But Jazzlynn is horrible at it. She's going against everything she ever knew and she can't handle it...
Sorry... This is supposed to be about me, not her. Hey, it's not my fault I have a direct line to her thoughts.
Anyway..... I'm sitting here, just staring at the phone. I'm not expecting it to ring or anything, I'm trying to built up the courage to call him....

------------------
I'm awoken by the sound of the phone ringing. When did I fall asleep...? Shaking it off, I pick up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's Mason."
I sit up fast, as if pulled up by someone. "H-hi...."
"So I was wondering.."