"When you say "mmm", you got something to say that you don't think is nice."

"Well, I just never liked Dominique."

"Come on Ma, just try to get to know her, I continued, "yall should go out somewhere, just trying to get to know each other."

"I think I know her enough, I done already peeped her."

"You know she's Kharter's cousin, right?"

"Well, I like her cousin not so much her. I wish you would've just told Kharter how you felt before she left for college. Maybe yall would've been getting married instead."

"Ma, Kharter doesn't even look at me like that. I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"Whatever you say, Myles. Do you even love Dominique?"

"Yes ma'm, I do. If I didn't, I wouldn't be marrying her."

"There's people who's married that don't love each other."

"Well, that's not going to be me and Dominique. I love her and she loves me."

"Well, whatever makes you happy. You're a grown man, do whatever you please."

"Thanks Ma. Kyla?!"

I yelled for Kyla and my mom looked at me like I had two heads.

"Don't be hollin' in my house, boy!"

She said as she hit my arm.

"I'm in the living room with Paw Paw," Kyla yelped back.

"Well, Ma. I should get going."

"Uhm, where you going? School's out, so you don't have to work and Kyla doesn't have to go to school."

"I was going to go by Kharter's."

"Oh really?"

My mom smirked at me and winked at me.

"You're a mess, man. Come on Ky-"

"No, let Kyla stay here. She can spend Thanksgiving break with us, we have so much planned," my mom interjected.

"Ight, I'll be back to bring her clothes."

"Alright, be safe. I love you."

"I love you too."

I gave her a side hug since she was icing her cake. I kissed her forehead and walked out of the kitchen. I walked in the living room and saw my dad and Kyla watching Doc McStuffins.

"Kyla, you're staying here with Paw Paw and Grandma."

"Yay!"

"Dang, it's like that?"

I said, pretending to be hurt.

"I love you Daddy, but I want to stay here with Paw Paw."

"Alright then, give me some love."

She jumped off the couch and I picked her up. She kissed my cheek and gave me a hug.

"See you later, bighead. I love you and be good."

"Bye, Daddy. Love you too," she said then averted her attention back to the T.V.

"Bye old man," I said as I dapped my dad up.

"Ain't nobody old," he laughed.

I laughed and went out to the front door. I looked at my phone and it showed I had some missed calls and texts. I had a two missed calls from Dominique, then I looked at my text messages.

Nique ❤: Y r u not answering ur calls ??

Nique ❤: Hmm, whateva. I'm goin out wit a friend 2day.

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. Why she gotta be so extra? I looked at another text message I got and it was from Kharter:

Kharter 💕 : Hey Myles! Kenny went w/ some friends and I'm by myself . Wanna hang today?

I responded back with a "sure" and headed home. I unlocked the door and was welcomed by a scent of food cooking. I walked inside the kitchen and saw Dominique cooking what seemed like my favorite foods.

"Dominique?"

She turned to look at me and smiled.

"Baby, I'm so glad you're home."

"I thought you had to work?"

"I'm off on Mondays, silly. I decided to cancel my outing with my friend and spend time with my fiance. Baby, I'm so sorry. I feel like I've been acting crazy lately and it maybe because of these cold feet I'm getting from the wedding. I don't know, I'm just-"

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart. I'm sorry I've been making you feel like I've been abandoning you."

I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

Dominique

I secretly rolled my eyes at him. I know about him going to Kharter's house, eating dinner and all. Like a big happy family. I was going to out to eat with Rico, but he suggested that I cook for him and we chill. It's so happen that Myles and Rico likes the same food, and Myles wasn't supposed to be home this early. I had to play it off like I was cooking for Myles or he'll know that my ass has been lying to him.

"Bae, I'll stay at home with you. I don't want to leave you here and-"

"You know what I just remembered that Yauni needed me to come late at the hospital."

He looked at me like I had two heads.

"You just said you were off Mondays."

"But remember me telling you, I was going to work extra hours today. I texted you that last night."

"Uhm, no you didn't."

"Oh well, I must've forgot to. I'll see you when I get home."

I pecked his lips and went upstairs to "get ready". I texted Rico and told him about the change of plans. He texted me back with an "ok". I put my scrubs on and grabbed my bag. Little did Myles know, it was filled with things I needed over Rico's house.

"Bye love, I'll see you when I get home."

I waved goodbye and walked to my car. I sat in my car, put my head on headrest, and sighed. A feeling came over me and I knew it was guilt. Although I filled with it, I didn't feel an ounce of regret.

(Kharter,Dominique, and Myles in MM)