"You tripping," he said as he walked out of the bedroom. After I heard the front door close and his car driving off, I told Rico to come out.

"You can be so dramatic sometimes, ma."

He smirked at me as he pulled me closer to him.

"I just feel so guilty."

"I wish you open your eyes Nique. That man don't love you like I do and you know it too."

"Just give me time, Rico. I-"

"Don't speak, ma. Just show me that thing you said you was going to do before we were interrupted."

He pulled me closer to him and our lips connected.

Kharter

"I had high hopes for us, baby. Like I was on dope on for us, baby. Chasin' after a high-"

I was interrupted out of my songwriting by a knock on the door. I slipped my songwriting book under my pillow and told whoever the person was to come in.

"Hey baby, what you doing?"

My mom asked as she sat on the foot of the bed.

"Oh, nothing."

"Oh, I was just letting you know that your father are heading to the grocery store to get something to eat for tonight. Kenny's going over one of his friend's house."

"Oh alright, I'll be here."

"Alright, we'll be back."

She got off of my bed and walked out of the room.

Nobody really knows about my passion of music except Myles. We always used to write songs and sing together. I pulled my songwriting book back out and continued to work on a song I started when I found Malcolm cheating on me, Forever Don't Last.

Myles

I was about to knock on the front door until the it opened. I was greeted by Miss. Diane.

"Hey Myles, what you doing here?"

"Hey Miss. Diane, I came by to see Kharter."

"Alright, she's upstairs in her old room."

I did a quick wave to her dad and walked inside. I closed the door behind me and headed upstairs to Kharter's old room. I was about to knock until I heard a faint voice singing.

"Lord knows I gave it my all and I couldn't save us from falling. 'Cause some people ain't meant to be together forever, forever," she softly sung. I knocked on the door and I heard her say come in. She was looking down, writing.

"You sounded great Kharter," I told her and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Is that a song you're writing?"

She nodded her head and smiled.

"It sounds good, I've been doing some songwriting myself."

"Oh forreal? Come and sit down and tell me about it," she laughed.

I sat down at the foot of her bed and shrugged.

"Nahh, enough about me. We came here to talk, so wassup?"

Look, I just want to apologize-"

"Kharter, you don't need to apologize, I should be-"

"Myles, just hear me out. I want to apologize for blaming you fot everything. I shouldn't have left that party with Demetrius, but I guess I was jealous when you were kissing that girl."