Prologue

Prologue

            I woke up and shook of the groggy feeling. Soon, my vision cleared and I looked around the room my captives were keeping me in. The floor was cold and hard like cement, the wall paper was torn and hanging off in certain places, there was dirt and dried blood clinging to random spots. I shivered as a gust of wind blew through the open window where the moonlight was streaming through. It also doesn’t help that I’m only wearing black tank-top and zebra stripped sofe shorts.

          I twisted my body so I was leaning up against the wall and my arms were no longer over my head. Now, my arms hung adjacent to my shoulders. I could hear the chains, that were holding my arms up, rattle as I shivered again. All I could think was that my mom warned me. She told me to be careful…and how did I thank her? I got kidnapped. “Smart move, Sky, smart,” I stated sarcastically.

          The wind blew through the window again sending my thick, black hair whipping around my head. I swear, if I looked in the mirror right now, I’d probably look like Cousin It. Great. It’s not like it mattered what I looked like, I was chained to a wall in some abandoned building, not going on a date.

          I sighed heavily. Where is my mom? Where is Colt? Where is my savior? Do I even have one? I heard a thump-thump-thump coming from the hallway. Someone was coming. I silently begged, ‘please, please, please, pass my door. Go torture someone else. Please, dear God, please, don’t come in here.” But, I guess God wasn’t listening, because the splintered, dirty white door creaked open, and in stepped a tall figure. He stepped into the moon light coming through the window.

“Jace,” I said, letting hurt and betrayal leak from my voice. “What do you want?”

“Sorry I had to do this, you’re mother surely explained what happens, right?” He came closer, his blonde hair falling in front of his light brown eyes that I used to find adorable. Jace knelt down in front of me, cupping battered, and bloody face with his callused hand. “You’re beautiful.” He traced the cut on my face with his finger. If my hands weren’t chained, I’d kill him.

“Shut up, Jace,” I growled through clenched teeth, “Get out.”

 “Silly, silly, Skylar, you aren’t the boss of me. You’re chained to the wall, I’m the dominant one, bitch.” Jace chuckled as I tried to kick him, but as I was about to make contact, he jumped back. “Oh, poor Sky, if you wanted it rough, you only had to ask.” I cowered against the wall wishing I wasn’t so stupid. Wishing I could just disappear.

“I-I…I’m sorry. Please, don’t. Please, I’m begging,” I sobbed. And Jace just laughed. What happened to the caring, funny, and adorable guy I liked? What happened to my perfect life?

“I wouldn’t dream of it Babe,” he said still chuckling. He knelt down, caressed my face, but not in the same loving way, and strode out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

I broke down, and cried; thrashing around my chains, screaming, threatening, and begging. But, no matter what I did, I knew nothing would happen. I knew no one was going to come to my rescue. I knew I was going to die.