Chapter Twelve

"Guess what?!" Chloe said to Ella and Jenny. It was Friday, the day that Chloe, Ashton, and their families left.

"What?" Ella asked. She was a little bit sad. She had just gotten to know her new stepsister, and now she was leaving for a three-month tour.

"I got both of you tickets for my start off concert in New York City tonight!" Chloe shouted.

Ella and Jenny screamed. Before, they were really bummed because all the tickets for Chloe's concert were sold out. But now, they could go to the show.

"Thank you so much!" Ella and Jenny both told Chloe.

"It was no problem," Chloe laughed.

Chloe left to go to New York City so she could get her hair and makeup ready and prepare her band, back-up singers, and test her microphone and speakers.

"I'm so excited!" Jenny said to Ella. "Chloe Haywood is my favorite singer!"

"Me too!" Ella said.

When it was time for the concert, Ella and Jenny put on their favorite outfits and drove to New York City.

The concert was amazing. Chloe sang lots of songs from her new album, and also added in some covers of popular songs. Since Ashton was also a singer, Chloe invited him onstage to sing a duet of an Ed Sheeran song with her.

Ella thought that Chloe seemed much more real than she had when she first met her. At first, Chloe was snobby and rude, and all she cared about was her looks. Now, Chloe was being her true self, and she was dancing all goofy with Ashton onstage. Plus, she was being sweet and kind to all of her fans. She let them take pictures with her and signed autographs for them.

At the end of the concert, Chloe talked to a security guard and made him let Ella and Jenny backstage.

"Bye, guys," she said. "I'm leaving for Boston, Massachusetts tonight."

Ella looked down. "Bye, Chloe. It was so nice meeting you."

"Same. You're my favorite singer," Jenny smiled.

"It was nice meeting you too," Chloe said. "Thanks for being my biggest fan, Jenny. And thanks for being a great stepsister, Ella. You were there when I needed you. You helped me realize that I was going down the wrong path."

Ella started to tear up. She didn't want her new stepsister to leave.

"Aww, please don't cry," Chloe said, giving Ella a hug. "I promise I'll visit soon!"

"Good," Ella said. She hoped that Chloe would visit her right after her tour ended.

Chloe said goodbye to Ashton, who was sobbing uncontrollably. He was so sad to see Chloe leave. She was just starting to show the world her real personality--the personality that before, she had only shown him. He also thought that she was starting to trust him.

Ella, Jenny, and Ashton all went outside to wave to Chloe before she left. It was raining outside, but it was still beautiful, because they could see the big buildings and all the signs and lights. Chloe got in her limo. She rolled down her window and waved to everyone. They could see that she was tearing up.

The driver drove away. Jenny and Ashton went to their cars. Ella watched as her new stepsister drove down the street and far away. "I'm gonna miss you," she whispered into the rain.

Ella wiped away a tear that had rolled down her cheek, took a big breath, and got into her car.

A/N: Thank you for reading this book! I hoped you liked it. :)