He's Got a Gun Too? Not Cool...

“Italia!” I screamed for no apparent reason.

“This place is so…cool,” Mary replied, gaping up at the tall cobblestone buildings surrounding us.

“Yeah, it really is,” I replied with sort of an Elvis-type smile…again for no apparent reason.

We were sitting on a wooden bench in the middle of a plaza, surrounded by tall buildings, and lots of umbrella-tables.  We were drinking our smoothies when all of a sudden Mary jumped from her seat, walked up three small steps to a tiny stage, and started waving her arms and dancing like a ballerina.

I didn’t even have time to ask her what she was doing; suddenly she vanished out of thin air.  Then suddenly a burly black man in a tuxedo and a pair of sunglasses (he looked to be some sort of secret service agent) appeared in the very spot where Mary had been standing.

Suddenly I was filled with an immense aura of confidence, and the knowledge that I, apparently, was a wizard, and the man had taken Mary to the power core of his secret organization.  So I pulled a gun from thin air, pointed it at his head, and demanded he bring her back. 

With no expression whatsoever, he flashed out, and I smiled, satisfied.  I sat back on the bench and waited for Mary to appear once again.  Much to my dismay, a different guy appeared instead.  This one was dressed the same way, but he was very slender yet still surprisingly muscular.  And this one was holding a gun.  My gun looked like a plastic toy compared to this guy’s honking big bazooka.  I smiled sheepishly and tossed my gun over my shoulder as I said, “How about we…talk this over?”

“Yeah.  Ok.  Sure.” The man replied, completely monotone, and made his gun magically disappear while I gaped at him in shock.

I guess I was so in shock that I didn’t even register what he was saying, except for the part where he told me I could just wave my wand around a few times to get to where Mary was.

“But I don’t have a…” I started, but cut myself off when a wand appeared in front of me.  I grabbed it, waved it a few times, and found myself in a small room, full of papers; like your normal office building, except for the giant tube radiating blue power surges. 

I found Mary squealing in sheer delight while grabbing papers from desk drawers and throwing them into the air.  I stared at her for a moment before shaking off my disbelief, grabbing her by the arm, and flashing us out of there.  My job was done.  Whatever my job was exactly… heck, I just go along with these things, I can’t control them.