Things Start to Cave

Start from the beginning

I watched as the walker stared back at me through the fence before impaling my crowbar into its skull, having the body drop.

"Damn, you might need to calm down little girl." I scoffed before moving on to the next walker.

"Don't-" I paused as I impaled my crowbar into a walker.

"Call me-" Down another.

"A f***ing-" And another.

"Little girl." I sighed, pulling my crowbar out, hearing a man beside me chuckle.

"Why? What are you gonna do?" He asked as he tried to be all big and mighty, as per usual. I scoffed before impaling my crowbar into another walker.

"This little girl-" I paused as I walked over to him, tilting my head, showing my annoyance.

"Can beat your ass if she wanted to. Wouldn't be the first time she would've won anyway, and it definitely won't be her last, Ivan." I said, shutting him right up as I watched his jaw tighten. My smirk grew into a smile.

Ivan was one of the last people to join Woodbury before coming over to our group. Glad he's alive but man do I want to strangle him every time he opens his mouth.

"As I said, don't f***ing call me little girl." With that said, I pushed past him, causing our shoulders to collide as I made my way to the other end of the fence, away from him.

"You- you don't intimidate me!" He shouted.

"Tell that to your studdering," I replied, feeling his gaze burn through the back of my head. I simply waved and continued my way. Before I could reach the other end of the fence, I heard my name.

"Amber!" I flipped my head to find Rob jogging over towards me.

"Your daddy's looking for ya. Hand me this, I can take it from here." I let out a sigh and wiped my forehead with the back of my arm before handing him the crowbar, gloves, and apron.

"Thanks, Rob," I replied with a nod as I made my way up the hill and into the courtyard.

Over the past few months, Rick and Hershel have managed to create a small farm here at the prison. They grow tomatoes, peas, beans, and amongst other things, livestock. Ever since Rick brought in the group of people from Woodbury, the place has been kept busy with new projects, developments, and improvements for fortifications around the prison.

Upon finding Daryl around the corner, looking out towards the outer fences, I came to a halt beside him.

"They're gathering again, aren't they?" I asked, hearing the man's hoarse grumble in return.

"Mhmm." I looked up at him, using my hand to shield my eyes from the sun.

"You heading out with the search party?" I smiled, seeing he had his jacket, crossbow resting upon his back, and a gun strapped into his holster.

"Yeah, you gon be alright hanging back?" He asked. I nodded.

"Still recovering from the last search we did," I said, referring to my stitched-up left shoulder and upper arm, caused by none other than Ivan.