Chapter 8 ~ Arrogant Laughter

The petite girl and tall boy were walking side by side with the girl making hand motions in large, extravagant ways, all whilst having a plastic carrier bag full of heavy supplies.
"...And then there was this huge dragon which breathed fire which this guy called Julius brought out and Julius can use ice magic... And, and-" Her short hair was swishing from side to side as she explained her over complicated dream.
"Tsubaki... Aren't you going to tell me what you were so deeply thinking about earlier or was that just this dream?" Asked Rai tilting his head as he was still smiling sweetly but there was an uncommon raised eyebrow.
"Well... I was partially thinking about the dream but... I was also thinking about some news that I was given this morning," she spoke as she looked towards the floor, taking longer strides.
"And what might that news be?" The more Tsubaki spoke the more Rai was intrigued to what had happened to get her in such deep thought before and that she would try to avoid the original question that she was going to answer.
"My older brother will be attending this school as a teaching assistant starting today..." Her voice grew quieter the more she spoke.

"Is this troubling you in anyway? After all I am like an advisor in my class." Rai chuckled slightly trying to lighten the situation.

Silence was all that was heard except for passing cars, birds, rustling of leaves and their own footsteps.

"Yes. I was only told this morning before I had left and I was contemplating whether it would affect either my education or my time that I spend with all of you. The time spent might not have been long but to me... It already feels like I have known you all my entire life. I could give away every single detail about me to any of you and I wouldn't have the slightest bit of regret and seeing that it is me that we are talking about. That is good and that is just how much I trust you all," her speech got, faster and faster, to the point that she was out of breath.
"It's okay. There is no need to explain any further..." Rai put up his hand, showing his palm to tsubaki, being another way of 'no need to continue'.

Silence... Once again...

The two reached the silver school gates only to be greeted by a blonde with arrogant laughter.

"My, my. Don't you two look cute. Like two peas in a pod," A devilish smirk could be seen upon the body which the laughter from before came from. Rai simply turned his head in confusion. "Who's the boy Tsubaki?" The smirk was still on his face.
"This is my friend Rai Yao," Tsubaki replied in a stern unnatural tone for her usual personality. "Oh right. Formal introductions haven't been made correct?"

"That's right..." Rai replied glaring at the blonde from the corner of his eye.
"Hiro this is Rai, Rai this is Hiro. Hiro is my older brother that I was talking about." Tsubaki said as her voice wavered between uncertainty and curiosity onto which Hiro was thinking with the smirk of his rapidly increasing.

"Well Rai it was ice to meet you but Tsubaki here is meant to be taking me on a tour. Bye ~" Hiro waved as he grabbed Tsubaki's arm in a tight grip, dragging her along. The brown haired Taiwan girl took her brother for an uneventful tour of the school leaving him yawning at the end.
"Tsubaki... You're so boring. Try having at least some fun sometimes. Well, you best get to homeroom, after all you are late. Bye," He waved her off as he walked away in his usual lazy manner.

"Great..." Was all Tsubaki said as she dashed off for homeroom.