¤Chapter 2¤

I scanned around my now empty room, making sure I had all my stuff. I only had a few nice clothes and shoes.

After he left out, I went back to sleep. I woke up after about 30 minutes and started packing. I only had a duffel bag. I zipped up the bag and threw it over my shoulder.

"Erin, are you ready?" I spun around and saw my dad standing in the doorway.

"Yeah. I'm ready." I said.

He grunted and walked back down the stairs. I sighed and looked around the room. I'm not going to miss this place. There are way too many bad memories. There was only one good memory, but that ended years after.

*FLASHBACK*

"Where are your clothes and coat mommy?" I asked. She sighed and pulled the scarf tighter on my face.

"I'm not going." She said. I shook my head.

"No, you have to. Daddy's going to be mad at you if I leave. You have to come with us." I said. She started to button up my jacket.

"I'm going to be fine." She said. She stood up and walked us out of the small living room. I stomped my foot on the ground.

"I won't leave without you." I sniffed and rubbed my eyes.

"Sometimes you have to leave people you love behind in order to survive." She said. I stared down at the floor.

DING DONG

I looked up at my mom. She looked down at me and gave me a small smile. I sniffed and we walked to the door.

She opened the door. When my eyes connected with his, I smiled and it felt as if my tears dried up. I ran in his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Please keep her safe." I heard my mom say. I stepped back and stared up at Xavier. Xavier is older than me by 5 years. I'm six, but he still says I'm little. He smiled down at me and I smiled back.

"Don't worry. She will be fine with us." Mrs. Brown said. I looked back at my mom and saw she had tears on her cheeks. I pulled away from Xavier and ran up to my mom.

My arms wrapped around her waist and I hugged her tight. She bent down and hugged me back.

"Don't worry. I'm going to get you in a few months." She said. She pulled me from around her waist. I walked back to Xavier and stood by his side.

"I think you should take Erin to the car, Xavier. We'll be there in a minute." Mr. Brown said. Xavier grabbed my hand and led me to the car. I looked back at my mom and watched her cry.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

That day was so sad. I was leaving my mom. When we got to where we were going, I started to feel better, but that soon ended too. Everything went downhill from there.

I sighed and walked out of the room and down the stairs.

When I stepped into the living room, I heard whispering. I stopped walking and stood up against the wall.

"You can't have another slip up like that." I heard Olivia whisper.

"I know. She doesn't know. That's all that matters." He said. I knew something was going on. When I heard them coming my way, I stepped back from the wall and stood casually.

They entered the living room and looked at me.

"You're wearing that?" Olivia asked. I looked down at my black jean shorts, my black tank top, and my black converse confused. I looked back up at her.