Andy Imagine #9 Eye Doctors

"Andrew Hurley?" You looked up from your clipboard and to the waiting room.

"That's me," a guy with auburn hair and more tattoos than you could count stood up and smiled nervously.

"Follow me," you offered him a reassuring grin and lead him down the hallway and to the small examination room. You closed the door and motioned for him to sit in chair in the center of the room.

"So, Andrew, does anyone in your family wear glasses or contacts?"

"My mom, yeah," he nodded. "You can call me Andy, if you want."

"Okay," you agreed, making a mark on your clipboard.  "Has your vision been blurry? Any headaches or nausea?"

"Yes to both of those."

"Alright, we're just going to run a few tests and see if those symptoms have anything to do with your eyesight, okay?"

"Sounds good."

"First off I'm going to display some random letters on a screen, and you're going to have to tell me what they are."

"Got it." You turned off the lights and flicked on the machine. Andy immediately squinted in an attempt to make them out. "A... F... Q... C..." he guessed.

"Okay, how about now," you pressed a button, allowing the letters to shift slightly.

"Oh wow!" He gasped, causing you both to laugh. "That's much more clear. "H, E, J, Y, L," he read off with confidence.

"Great! How about now?"

"G, V, W, T, N, S," he told you with ease.

"Well, I think it's defiantly say it's safe that you need glasses. I'll write you a prescription, but for now how you go pick out a pair?"

"Sure," he nodded. "Thanks Dr.(Y/L/N)."

"Actually, you can call me (Y/N), if you want..." you blushed. "And it's not a problem, just doing my job." You mentally face-palmed at how stupid you sounded.

"Okay! The glasses are out front, right?"

"Mmhmm," you nodded, motioning for him to follow you back to the waiting area. Since the next appointment wasn't for another hour or so, so you decided to fill out some paperwork at the front desk. One thing kept distracting you though; Andy trying on the many pairs of glasses.

"I like those ones," you piped up as he tried on a pair with dark frames. "They make you look handsome."

"R-really? I mean, thanks," he grinned.

"Should I put in the prescriptions for those?"

"Yes please. In the mean time, would you like to get lunch?"