Chapter 6 Trouble Trouble

Beautiful banner above by dancelover_7564. Do check out her work! Thanks again!

Chapter 6 - Trouble Trouble

Shravan was tossing and turning in his bed thinking about Sanya, their wedding, their separation.

His phone began vibrating near his pillow. He saw an unknown number and immediately sat up.

"Who?"

"Your girlfriend's kidnapper speaking," a gruff voice said on the other end.

Immediately, Shravan tensed.

"It's not been two weeks yet."

"I know. I was just checking up on you. Hope I didn't disturb your beauty sleep. Have you finalized handing over your money yet?"

"No."

"Don't you care about your girlfriend?"

"Let me talk to her," Shravan demanded.

"She's not conscious--"

"What'd you do to her?! I swear if--"

"Kya ukhaad lo ge (what'll you do)?" It was a female voice this time. Shravan's brain immediately did a double take. Male and female kidnapper. Ahar was correct.

Wait, does this voice belong to Ahar? Shravan asked himself.

"Who are you?"

"Tumhari girlfriend ki kidnapper wali dost (your girlfriend's kidnapper friend)," she replied.

There was laughter on the other end which resulted in an agitated Shravan. He could at least understand her since she spoke in hindi. He couldn't confirm if it was Ahar's voice or not though. He never paid that much attention to her.

"Where's Sanya?!"

"She's asleep," the kidnapper told him. "Don't worry. We're not going to hurt her . . . unless you don't hurry up with your decision. Remember, the clock's ticking." The deep voiced man laughed. Shravan prepared to threat him when he heard a "ta ta" and the call ended.

He cursed and fell back down, sleep dissipating completely.

First, Shivani's issue, then Ahar, and now, Sanya.

He needed to talk to someone. Only one person except for Shravan and Ahar knew about the kidnapping.

Shravan called him.

He heard a cough on the other end before his older brother said, "Shravan?"

Shravan instantly realized it was two in the morning. But Arun would understand.

"Yes, it's me. Sorry for calling so late. It's just . . . too much happened." Once Arun told him to explain, Shravan wasted no time briefing over the events that happened since Arun's absence.

"I'll have a talk with Shivani," Arun assured. "Is that Ahar helpful?"

"Surprisingly, yes. But she slipped up once, saying how the main kidnapper who goes under the code name 'priest.'"

"What?"

"I know it's clever, right?" Shravan commented. His brother laughed. Priest did sound silly. "For some reason, she hasn't visited Sanya yet."

"Just keep an eye on her. Innocent till proven guilty, don't forget. I'll be home by next week, hopefully. The stupid case is taking longer than I want."

"Oh." Shravan remembered Arun mentioning about some homicide that happened. Some gang robbed a house and left behind a dead nuclear family. "I hope you send those people to jail soon. Sorry for disturbing you so late at night."