Chapter 10 Meri Sautan (My husband's second wife)

Please give me your honest opinion on this book. I know Yagappar always helps out fellow writers whenever there's something that needs improvement. I really need other readers to help me too. I want to improve guys. All pointers about pace, grammar, plot are appreciated!

Chapter 10 - Meri Sautan (My husband's second wife)

[Shravan's P.O.V]

"When you snuck out with Sanya even when everyone told you not to, we all planned to teach you a lesson," Mom told me. Manan and Dad nodded along. What plan? "Arun had work in another city, so we sent Sanya with him and set a fake kidnapping. You know, the ice cream shop--"

These people were officially insane.

"I wasted so much time over a fake kidnapping?!" Ahar said. She was just as outraged as me. Both of us spent at least four to five hours together every morning working on finding my girlfriend for the past week.

Not to mention, the times where I stalked Ahar or forced her to attend the parties during the evening.

My blood boiled at everyone's stupidity.

"I ended up at the hospital from the head blow," I butted in, furiously. "Fake kidnapping? Really?"

Mom gave Manan a condescending glance. "Manan got too hyper over the entire thing and hit you harder than needed. Him and his girlfriend then took Sanya back home, actually. Arun brought you to the hospital and informed the police about it. The officer in charge was a family friend. Sanya later left with Arun that first party we threw when we heard the scream. She was in the house for a while, but you never checked. The blood you found was fake."

"While she did the wedding shopping in another city, you spent time searching for her," Manan said. "Arun bhaiya (older brother) had his court case. He called you as the kidnapper and used a different voice to scare you. It was so funny." Manan laughed. "I was with him. And those guards at our house are also on our side. You two fell for everything!"

I couldn't believe the fact that we crossed out Manan from our suspects list, first!

I held my head, thinking of the correct words to yell. I couldn't curse at my own family, could I?

Ahar's hand tightly clutched the bed sheet and glared. The anger inside me doubled when I saw the burn marks on her hand from when we were checking the suspects. If I were in her situation, I'd undoubtedly want to murder me and my family. She helped a stranger.

In his family's pretend kidnapping.

"Where are Sanya and bhaiya (older brother) now?" I asked tiredly.

"Now, they're actually kidnapped," Manan informed. Mom and Dad looked tensed as they didn't deny Manan's statement.

"What?!" Ahar and I asked simultaneously.

Why did I come to India?

"We heard that Sanya's parents are coming next week, so we decided to drop the entire charade at our anniversary," Dad explained. "The house you went to is one of our own. You've been there when you were younger. You were supposed to find Sanya and bring her back home . . . but . . . "

"But what?" I asked. I clenched my fists.

Ahar was shaking her head as she buried her face in her hands.

"The fake police was hired for fun. But then some unknown people managed to capture Arun bhaiya and Sanya bhabhi--"

"Manan, shut up," I cut him off. He made my brother and my girlfriend sound like they were married. Who in the world would kidnap Sanya and bhaiya?! "Do we have some enemies or something?" Silence filled the room. "What the hell am I supposed to tell Sanya's parents?!" I yelled. They had been testing my patience! Even Ahar seemed alarmed at my outburst.