Chapter Six || I Can't Let You Go, Can't Let You Go

Listen to: Nightcore - Lies

Naruto

Stupid.

That's what I thought of myself after seeing her leave out my front door.

Stupid.

She's ought to hate me now. I'm such a jerk. How could I kick her out like that?

No wonder everyone hates me.

I won't be surprised if she avoids me at school, just like everyone else except for my friends. Sure, they say I'm high up at the popular status, but that still doesn't mean everyone likes me. In fact, I am hated by most people. Most people.

That's the sad truth.

The sound of her small frustrated scream still lingered in my ears. Playing over and over again, like a broken record.

One that I wish I could stop.

But it won't stop.

It just keeps playing.

Over and over and over again.

Taking in a shaky breath, I walk glumly to my uneaten bowl of ramen that isn't as hot as it was before, and sat in my pillow.

I stared at the bowl nonstop for over a minute, an angered expression evident on my face. I was definitely angry.

But not at Hinata.

At myself.

...

Hinata

The walk home wasn't pleasant at all.

I was frustrated, angry, and disappointed. My mind just kept running through thoughts. It never seemed to stop.

All I could think about is how Naruto could change in just a snap. His expression and emotions and personality, just like that. Different. He was happy and teasing one minute, and then mean and rude the next.

Why?

That, I didn't know. Was it just a male thing? Although, I knew that personality changes are actually quite common for females also, especially when it's their time of month, but why males though? Was there a reason for it?

I couldn't get it, no matter how much I tried. I was left dumbfounded as I kept my eyes on the ground, my legs doing the work for me as they took me to where they knew to go.

That was dumb.

I felt a hard impact hit me as I stumbled backwards, about to give the victim a glare until I uncovered who it was.

"Hinata! I didn't see you there."

"Ino!" I grinned, and she opened up her arms and I gladly went into them.

She wrapped her arms tightly around me, and I did just the same. That lasted for a moment before we both let go.

"I'm sorry about bumping into you, I wasn't looking." I sheepishly admitted while also apologizing.

She just smiled warmly at me. "That's okay Hinata. Although, if it was someone other than you, I would have yelled at them until they couldn't hear no more." She winked.

"Then I'm glad it was me."

We both laughed.

"So," Ino started, "what's got you so glum?"

My smile faded. "Oh... That..."

She narrowed her eyes. "Yes, that." After taking a pause, she said with concern, "I like seeing you smile. It really hurts when you're sad, Hinata. When you're sad, it's like the whole world is sad with you. You make everything happier."