Chapter Four || The Monsters in My Head Are Scared of Love

Listen to: Diplo - Revolution (Unlike Pluto Remix)

Naruto

There comes a time in everyone's life, when all your anger just has to spill out and wash away from your body, into a huge thunderstorm, destroying unexpected houses in its path. Then slowly disappear, leaving only the destruction it caused behind, a small signature that a storm was once there.

That time is now.

In that moment, that very moment, all my anger, sadness, and loneliness, spilled out of my fist into a punch, leaving a huge red mark on the victim's right cheek.

He stood there, as if he was still processing what had happened. His eyes were wide open, and his mouth hung ajar. Slowly, he turned his head to face me, and that's when it clicked. That's when he realized I had punched him.

His eyebrows furrowed, and his once open mouth changed to a snarl. "Did...you...just...punch...me?" He asked in disbelief.

I didn't say anything, but turned my head to glare at Toneri. "Get away from her, Toneri." I growled out his name as if it were venom.

He chuckled coldly, his eyes pierced like black ice. "And why would I do that?"

"Because." Was all I managed to muster out.

He smirked, tightening his grip on Hinata, a small whimper escaping her lips, causing my blood to boil through my veins.

"No."

That was all it took for me to charge at him, shoving his body onto the ground.

Hinata went down with him.

My mouth slowly flew open, as I stared at the incident before me. Everything went by so slowly, as if time were revolving around me.

Toneri, in the process of being shoved, let go of Hinata, letting her fall to the ground as well, near him. "Hinata," I murmured, slowly walking towards her. Before I could be by her side, though, I rudely got pushed up into the wall, a low groan coming up from the back of my throat.

"Think again." The voice spoke, and his blonde hair moved to cover his eye.

Using my leg, I kicked him in the crotch as hard as I could, catching him off guard. He yelped, moving out of my way as he held his hands between his legs.

I darted my eyes to Sasori, who's gaze was already fixed on me. He got the message, and ran towards me, but I dodged his move, as I landed a punch to his side. He groaned, raising his arm to hit me back, but I grabbed his arm, twisting it so he was trapped. I then stomped on his back, pushing him to the ground.

Gaara was already behind me, his deep voice saying my name slowly. "Naruto, I'm your friend."

My body turned around, so I faced him. The dark outline of his eyes made him look like a serial killer out at night, looking for any girl to snatch and take them with him. But I knew better; behind his scary looks, he was a nice guy. He wanted to do the right things.

You know who taught him that?

Me.

"Gaara! You are with us. You have to get rid of him. He betrayed us." Pain shouted in the small distance.

Gaara shook his head. "You guys are wrong."

"Do it or you die, just like him."

At the sound of those words, his expression quickly changed. I knew Gaara wasn't exactly afraid of dying, at least, that was before. He used to be different, very different.