Chapter Nineteen: The Clearing

Start from the beginning

Peter rolled his eyes and moved to leave, because he honestly didn't care what happened to Derek or Stiles, but a second later the Ahzi was standing in front of him and roughly tossed him into a tree on the other side of the clearing.

Josie walked over to Peter, who was sprawled out on the ground barely conscious and pulled some restraints out of her bag. She quickly tied him up before turning to watch the Ahzi and Derek fight. She had an eye on Stiles too, but she really wasn't worried about the human, wasn't like he could do much.

Josie sighed softly, getting bored as the fight went on longer then she would have liked. She also didn't like that it looked like Derek was winning. She looked around the clearing for a moment, her eyes landing on Stiles, who had a knife raised looking like he was about to stab the Ahzi or something. She smirked before hurrying up behind him and ripping the knife out of his hands, "Give up Derek" she yelled before grabbing Stiles and pulling him away from them and to the center of the clearing, "Or I'll kill him" she said her claws extended and held against Stiles' throat.

Derek looked over at them and wasn't even given the chance to surrender before he was being slammed into the ground by the Ahzi. He gritted his teeth in pain as he felt his claws being dug into his back.

"Careful, I want him alive" Josie said and let go of Stiles, just kind of tossing him aside. She pulled a pair of handcuffs out of her bag and quickly used them on Derek. She pulled his arms behind his back and handcuffed his wrists together.

"Just kill me and get it over with" Derek growled and struggled against her hold.

"Oh, but that wouldn't be as fun Derek" Josie said and leaned down to whisper in his ear. "I want you to suffer first" she said and chuckled softly before standing up. "Don't let him get up" she told the Ahzi, and it obeyed by practically just sitting on Derek's back.

Josie looked at Derek for a moment and sighed softly, "I waited here for you, you know" she said and slowly walked over to him and knelt down next to him. "I slept here on the ground for days" she said and chuckled softly. "Took a while for me to realize that you abandoned me" she said. "After you killed my mother."

Derek rolled his eyes, "I didn't remember anything. My mom took away my memories of you" he said and looked up at her, though it was kind of difficult since he was laying on his stomach and his hand here handcuffed behind his back.

Josie smiled, "I know, which is why I convinced Kate Argent to burn your house to the ground" she said and chuckled softly. "Did you really think that blond bimbo could have done that on her own." she said smirked before slowly running her fingers through his hair. "You know it was my idea, for her to get you to fall in love with her. Wanted to make sure you knew it was your fault whether you remembered me or not" she said and chuckled softly before standing up and walking closer to Stiles, still kind of having an eye on him.

"You're sick" Stiles spat, and glared up at her, but didn't dare make a move. He knew that would only end badly, so there was no point in trying.

Josie ignored Stiles keeping her attention on Derek, "Was a while before I realized four Hales made it out of the fire" she said and smiled. "Very disappointed, but then you could imagine my surprise when you all just started killing each other" she said with a small, bone chilling, laugh. "Peter killed Laura, then you killed Peter, who then came back to life" she said and turned to look at him. "Great trick by the way. Definitely going to have to teach me how to do that." she said told the older werewolf with a smile.

"Untie me and I will" Peter said with a small growl.

Josie didn't actually say anything to him, she didn't particularly care to pay any attention to him just yet. "Now Derek I could kill you right now, but I'm not going to, well probably not" she said and looked at Stiles. "That really all has to do with him" she said.

Stiles tensed and looked around as if she could be looking at someone, anyone other than him. "Me? What is that supposed to me?" he asked, not wanting to be the reason that she does kill Derek.

"Leave him out of this Josie, this has nothing to do with him" Derek said and glared at her. "Just let him go."

Josie nodded "I'll take that into consideration, after I ask him to do one simple little thing" she said and pulled a bottle of black liquid out of her bag and dropped it in front of Stiles. "Drink it" she said.

Stiles grimaced and tentatively picked the bottle up, "What is it?" he asked and looked up at her.

"Ahzi blood" Josie said and chucked softly when Stiles dropped it like it was suddenly boiling hot. "Drink it or I'll make Derek drink it" she said and knelt down next to him and picked the bottle back up and held it out to him.

Stiles stared at the bottle, "What will it do" he asked as he took the bottle from her, wondering if she knew because he had no idea, that page had been torn out of the book.

"To you, I'm not so sure, call this an experiment" Josie said with a smile. "I do however know exactly what will happen to Derek, already experimented on that" she said with a smirk. "I'd say ask Cora, but she's already dead in ditch somewhere" she said, a smirk spreading across her face as she heard Derek's growl.

Derek growled, "You bitch" he yelled and struggled violently against his binds and the Ahzi.

"I already killed your sister, want to make it your boyfriend too" Josie snapped before turning back to Stiles to face him. "You know I was pleasantly surprised, the screaming kind of deafened me a bit, but other than that I was quite pleased with how it turned out." she said with a smile. "When it was all done with I actually cut her open, amateur autopsy you could call it" she said ignoring Derek's struggles, and the horrified look on Stiles' face. "What I saw was kind of surprising" she said and chuckled softly. "They're really aren't any words to describe what I exactly I saw, all I can say is that it sort dissolves their insides" she said with a smirk. "It's a slow process, what with their body trying to heal it the entire time" she said. "The question is, are you willing to risk the same happening to you, or are you just going to let Derek take one for the team" she asked.

"Stiles, don't you dare" Derek growled, "Just get out, run" he yelled and started struggling again.

Stiles stared at Derek for the longest time not saying anything. He's willing to do it. He thought to himself and immediately realized that he was too. Chance that it won't even happen to human anyway he said to himself to kind of reassure his decision. He met Derek's gaze for just a moment and knew he was doing the right thing. He slowly twisted the cap off the top of the bottle, "You swear you won't hurt him" he said, wanting to make sure he had what this right. That she wouldn't hurt Derek if he did this.

"Not tonight no" Josie said, deciding not lie. "And I promise I won't use the blood when I do. I have other methods in mind" she said.

"Stiles, don't do it" Derek begged and struggled harder. "Please just don't do it. Run" he yelled hoping to god the human would just listen to him just this once. "Don't listen to her, she's a liar" he said.

Stiles sighed, not sure if what she said exactly made it worth it, he knew she could be lying. That she probably was lying, but that didn't make him second guess his choice, he refused to watch Derek die when he could do something about it. At least this way he could possibly make it out of it, he could still survive. He looked at Derek once more "I love you" he said and ignored his protests before downing the contents of the bottle.