Dance with Me

It was now the last week of school, SATs and Finals were out of the way and I couldn't be happier. "Red, let's go!" Keith shouted to me from the living room. It was time for the damn engagement party and we need to pick up the desserts. "Ok, give me second. I just need to fix the Bobby pins in my hair." I was wearing my silver dress and my hair was pulled to the side and curled. My makeup was on and my nails were done, I felt pretty good right now. I finally exited the bathroom and slid my heels on.
Keith seemed to like my getup more than I did. "If you're done checking me out, can we go?" I laughed and he smirked before helping me from falling down the stairs. We were left Zack's car to drive since it was big enough to fit the food. "Your eyes on the road is preferred." I told him as he kept glancing at me.
"God, you look hot in that." He said in his version of a compliment. I blushed and giggled. "Don't get any ideas, I need my hair and makeup to stay intact." I told him and he chuckled. I felt a hand on my thigh, noticing it was Keith's. We soon pulled up to the hotel where the party was in a big ballroom-like place that was under the lobby.
We reached for the door the same time as another lady. "Aunt Diana?!" I was shocked to see her here with... Her daughters.
"Alice, sweetie! I didn't expect to see you here!" She gave me a hug, I stiffened. Hugs are still not my thing. "Let's go, my mom's gonna kill me if we don't get these in there in five minutes." Keith reminded me, walking over and handing the cake to one of people working the party. Cue Alex and Riley drooling.
"Right, let's go. I guess I'll see you guys there?" I asked and she nodded. Keith put his hand on my waist and found the elevator. "Finally you guys are here! Oh, Keith your tie..." Ms. Salaway greeted us, relieved. She tightened his tie that wasn't tied right up to his collar.
He didn't look half bad in his suit, just saying. The jacket was navy blue with a white shirt and black, skinny tie, it was navy blue pants and black dress shoes to match. He also took out his piercings as requested by his mother, he left in his one ear piercing as a compromise. "Ma, it's fine. I think Sandra needs help with the center pieces." He told her and she sighed before going to help the maid of honor.

Guests arrived and the music had started as the food was put out. Keith and I had to sit at the 'Soon-to-be Groom and Bride' table with the other groomsmen and brides maids. "So you must be that girl Phillis keeps talking about?" A woman looking a bit older than Ms. Salaway.
"Um I guess." I answered shyly.
"She mentioned that little Keith had found a girl and well, we couldn't believe it at first." She told me and I gave a small laugh.
"So how's it going with him? Oh, I'm Elena, Phillis' sister."
"I um," my damn anxiety, "I'm Alice. It's going fine, thanks." I answered with a slight stutter. She gave me a strange look, "I never thought Keith would go for someone so shy. Opposites attract I guess." She shrugged before walking off by the rest of the brides maids. The old music from the 1970 and beyond was playing loud in my ears though it was still better than the crappy pop they play currently. I found myself by myself by my seat with a glass of white wine that was put out with the empty plates. "You look like your having fun." Keith appeared next to me, making me almost spill my glass in surprise but not.
"A blast, how about you?"
"Almost completely miserable. Care to be miserable on the dance floor?" He asked me and I put my glass down.
"Why not?" I laughed and he took my hand. The song was moderately fast before a slower one started playing. It Had to be You by Michael Bublé and Barbara Streisand started playing. If it weren't for these heels, I wouldn't be able to even put my arms around his neck. This is the one and only time I think I'll be thankful that heels exist. Everyone was kind of dancing in a circle form to make room for Steven and Ms. Salaway dancing. Keith was subtly glaring at them and I sighed. "Hey, please, can you at least act like you're happy? It would mean a lot to your mom." I asked him and he mumbled something under his breath.
"Fine, for tonight." He agreed and I smiled, causing a half-smile to crack onto his face. He tilted my chin up and gave me kiss that sent a spark through me that electrified my body. It felt a bit odd not feeling the stud that was usually right below his lip scrape my chin and cheek. We separated maybe 10 seconds later. "Thank you." I grinned and he rolled his eyes.
A few hours passed and by this point my heels were by the table as well as pretty much every other girls'. The guys had lost the jackets too and they were left on the backs of their chairs. "Why would you do that to your skin? Do these even mean anything?" One of Keith's cousin's complained about his tattoos that were majorly noticeable through the white shirt sleeves that were rolled up to elbows. "Why do you fucking care?" He was growing annoyed pretty fast.
"I like them." I interjected, earning a smirk from Keith. His cousin rolled her 30-something year old eyes and stopped whining. "She should just be glad I took out my piercings for today." He told me and I laughed. There were a few toasts to a happy engagement and blah, blah, blah. Food was passed out and everything was pretty calm right now. That was up until my Aunt waved me over by her and the girls. "Why don't you come sit with me and the girls for a bit?" She asked me and I awkwardly sat down. Keith raised an eyebrow and I shrugged. "So how's it going? You ready for this summer?" Holy shit, I totally forgot that I said I'd stay with her for the summer... Fuck! "Oh right, that. I have a favor to ask about that..." I started and she turned her attention to me.
"Would a friend be able to go with me? I just think I'd be a bit more comfortable if I had someone I know really well staying with me." I smiled sweetly and her fake, warm smile fell.
"I don't know, Alice. I don't think I have the room or the money." She told me and my smile fell soon after. I cursed under my breath, "damn..." I was then given a language warning.
Some awkward time later she started asking how everything's going and plans for college, stuff like that. "I don't think I can afford a good university, Aunt Diane." I told honestly and she dismissed it.
"Your father and I already made a deal that I would help with that. Don't even worry about money, you shouldn't at your age." She told me and I have to admit, that relieved me completely.
"So is that guy your boyfriend?" Alex asked me, looking at Keith who was ignoring another cousin of his. I nodded with a slight smile. "Oh, sweetie. He has so many tattoos and I know he has a plethora of piercings. He doesn't seem like a very good influence on you." Aunt Diana began her rant on how incompatible Keith and I are. She thinks she can just show up and judge my life and my relationship like this? "I bet you he has a record and the minute you leave to come live with me for the summer, he'll start cheating and-"
"You don't know a fucking thing so I wouldn't waste your breath. You visit once a year for two hours, you may be my godmother but I don't know you from a hole in the wall. And plus, your not my mother, never was and never will be, so you can't tell me what to fucking do. Got it? Good." I said as calmly as I could with a sudden burst of confidence. I got up calmly and walked back over by Keith and sat down. I noticed Aunt Diane, Alex, and Riley gaping at me. "Is it dinner yet?" I asked and he gave me a silent chuckle and told me it was. I was starving, not caring about calories for once, I dug in. "I don't think I've seen you eat this much for, well I don't think I've seen you eat." Keith commented and I gave him a kick. I do so eat, you know at dinner. Like half of it... He has a point, this may be a problem.