Chapter 1- The Dog at Diagon

You and the Weasley twins were best of friends. You are really attached to them too. This is the story of your 5th year (i.e. Harry's 3rd year) You are full of tension because this is your OWL year, your father, Sirius Black's great escape from Azkaban and your undying love for your best friend, Fred Weasley.

You and your mother were walking amidst the usual back-to-school crowd in Diagon Alley. Each and every part of the Alley had people all excited to go back to Hogwarts. You see few first year muggle-borns skipping with enthusiasm as they enter the required shops.

Flourish and Blotts was crowded like usual and some children were gaping at the window of Quality Qudditich Supplies. You weren't much of a Qudditich player but you did like it. You push away some children away to see what they were drooling over and you see it. A Firebolt. The fastest broom known to wizard kind. The-

"(Y/n), come here and help me carry these stuff. You know all of it is yours!" Your mother says.

"Okay, mum." You say taking your cauldron and some of your books your mother hands over to you.

"Thanks (N/n)... (Y/n) you are aware of who that person on the Wanted poster is, right?" She says pointing at the poster with Sirius Black. You knew who he was. You knew what he did. You knew he was innocent. You knew no one would believe you...

You sigh and say, "Dad..."
"(N/n) you know he is innocent. So do I. But what can we do? No one will believe us. I know that because I tried. I tried doing everything. Everything. Every single thing but nothing helped. No one believed me. Promise me something (N/n). Promise me that you won't go trying to kill or hurt anyone who says something bad about your father." You mum says with a frown. You know your mum is in pain. You don't want her to suffer more. Then you say, "Promise."

You mother then smiles, not like the Sunshine-daisies-happiness smile or the I'm-relieved-to-hear-that-you-won't-kill-anyone smile, but the sad smile which always meant that 'I am trying to hide my misery so you won't become sad'. You just shrug and from the corner of your eye, you see your mum wipe a tear. He escaped Azkaban but he is no where to be found. Then where is he?

But that's the question. You don't know. You might be his daughter but you were no closer to the answer. "Hogwarts, dear?"

You nodded. Madam Malkin set up a stool for you and her needle did the rest. In no time, you were out of the shop with two new shopping-bags. Your mother waved from the shop opposite. She held a two large ice-creams in her hands. You walk through the crowd and take the ice-cream.

"Triple almond-fudge with sprinkles on the top. Just the way you like it." Your mother says.

"Thanks, mum."

You look at your Hogwarts list. The books were all you had to buy next. Your mum takes half of the bags and enters Flourish and Blotts.

"Harry! HARRY!" Someone screams right into your ear.

You scowl but whoever that was didn't seem to notice you. And you don't care anymore. You head into the shop to collect your books. Your mum's waiting in line with your books. You stand next to her and tell her about the screaming boy.

Your mum chuckles. You turn to head out but bump right into a stack of books. Or to be more precise, a stack of The Monster book of Monsters. Your face fills with dread. Ten of them grab your robes and try to bite your arms. The assistant nearly wails. A pair of hands with a large purple book appear out of nowhere and swats the books from you. This day couldn't get any worse, you think. But, just then, it just did.

You look up to see Fred Weasley with a large purple book in his hands.

Great. Just great! Now your crush thinks your one of the "dorks" of Hogwarts.

"Thank you, Fred." You say looking into his shining brown eyes.

"There is no need to thank me, Miss. I'm just saving a damsel in distress!" Fred says while mocking a bow.

"'Damsel in distress', yeah right!" You mumble.

"I'm not quite sure I heard you right." Fred says grinning at you.

"But I'm sure I heard you right." You say rolling your eyes and trying to act as if nothing happened.

"Hey!" George comes up out of nowhere just as you bend down to tie your shoelaces that came open.

You can see Fred elbowing George hard. Maybe for wrong timing. You scoff and stand up and you feel your hair flip to the side.

"Hi George!" You say enthusiastically.

"Hello (N/n)! I see I interrupted a very important thought." George says imitating the voice of a second year named Luna Lovegood.
"Yes. Yes, you did." You say with a blank look on your face.

"George! Come here right now! Nice to bump into you here, (Y/n)!" Mrs Weasley says with a smile.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs Weasley!" You reply kindly. George then walks over to Mrs Weasley leaving you alone with Fred.

"Fancy a walk?" Fred asks and you nod.
You exit the bookshop back into the colourful street of Diagon Alley. You two walk in silence then Fred clears his throat and says, "So... Umm.. (Y/n)..." He says stammering. "I just... Err how do I put it..err-" then he kisses you.

Before you can react a big black dog jumps on him. The dog growls angrily at him. Do normal dogs do this? You think looking strangely at the dog who ruined your first kiss.

You always had a knack for animals. Even Professor Kettleburn thought so. So you slowly go and pull the dog gently away from Fred. You look into the eyes. Its eyes almost look humanlike. Its eyes made you feel somehow complete. You then gently pet the dog and it calms and licks your cheek.

You laugh at this and Fred says, "Looks like you've found an admirer (Y/n)." Then the dog looks at Fred and growled angrily again. There is something seriously wrong with this dog. You think and continued petting the dog gently to make it calm.

Fred then says goodbye to you and leaves. You still pet the dog. Somehow being with that dog somehow made you feel like you had found some long lost family member or something.

As you continued petting the dog your mum calls, "(Y/n)! I was worried sick! After I bought the books I looked all over the shop for you then Mrs Weasley said she saw you and-"

"Mum I'm fine!!!" You say cutting her off.

"And thank Merlin for that!" Mum says.

"Oh yeah I just met this dog- and-" you start but looking for the black dog. It had strangely disappeared!

"What dog? There is no dog here!"

"I guess it might have left." You say with a slight frown.