☯ 3.| Dedication & Rewards

"Eden come on, please?" Remedy begged as they fought their way through the crowd of students, heading to their next class.

Remedy was begging Eden to attend Stacks' party with her, leaving out the part that they would also be attending Keegan's fight. Eden had been saying no since Remedy asked her about it early that morning, while Remedy was hoping she would just break down already and agree to going.

"No Remedy. I don't know the first thing about a party, let alone what to wear." Eden complained trying to find any excuse that she could, only for Remedy to roll her eyes.

"Girl you have me, and your mom to help you in the clothing department. Besides, I thought you told Ky that you was going to get out a little more?" Remedy tried to reason, searching her friend's face.

Eden instantly grew sad, thinking of the promise she made her brother and how she didn't keep it. She let out a sigh, stopping in her tracks in the middle of the hallway.

She closed her eyes, and let out a breath not believing what she was about to say. "Okay." She mumbled.

Remedy squealed, and pulled her into a hug hopping from foot to foot. "Oh my gosh, this is going to be so exciting."

"Hopefully." Eden sighed looking around the crowded hall.

"Don't tell Ahlanna though, I really don't want her to come with us." Remedy scolded giving Eden a firm look.

"Why?" Eden questioned furrowing her brows, "What's your beef with Lanna?"

Remedy just wasn't comfortable with some of the things that Ahlanna had been doing lately, and decided it was best to just distance herself from her and her ho activities. People around school were starting to think that Eden and Remedy were doing things just like Ahlanna, when it was far from the truth.

There was no need in them thinking that birds of a feather flocked together, because this was absolutely not that.

"She's doing things, that is making people think that we're doing them and I don't need people thinking I'm a ho. I'm a lady, and a lady should be seen, never heard." Remedy informed her looking around the hall.

Eden just nodded her head, understanding exactly where Remedy was coming from. Sometimes you just had to separate yourself from some people, especially when their out in public not just embarassing themselves but you as well.

"Okay, what are you doing after school?" Eden questioned glancing at the time, seeing that she only had three minutes to get to class.

"I have a mandatory practice, since we have stand battle tomorrow. We can meet up afterwards and go shopping, deal?" Remedy asked as the hairs on the back of her neck stood, causing her to look over her shoulder and spot Stacks coming up the stairs with Patches showing the gold grill in his mouth.

She found it odd how she always knew when he was nearby, but she loved it nonetheless. Her stomach always filled with butterflies, and she could never stop smiling around him.

Whatever Stacks was doing to her, she was in love with it.

"Deal, I gotta get to class. Hit me up when you get out of practice, I'll be home." Eden spoke before quickly walking down the hall, so she could give the couple some time alone and avoid Patches in the meantime because she wasn't in the mood to play with him today.

Walking into the classroom, Eden lazily dragged herself over to her seat not bothering to speak to Ahlanna who was looking at her friend with excitement as if she had something to tell her. When she noticed that Eden didn't speak or acknowledge her, she simply shrugged it off as her not being in the mood and figured she'd just talk to her later.