☯ 2.| Plunge

It was the second week of school now, and Eden was beyond ready to graduate. School wasn't the same without Kyrie, but she was pushing through. As the days continued to go by, she found herself growing more comfortable with his passing.

Eden sat in her Jeep, patiently waiting outside of the Harlem projects for Remedy and Ahlanna. It was early in the morning, but that didn't stop the hoodrats from coming out to peep the scene to see what hustlers they could possibly luck up on.

The sight of the females gave Eden motivation to go to school everyday. She wasn't trying to be anybody's babymama living off welfare in the projects, walking to the hair store pushing a stroller, or living off her mother.

Eden let out a sigh as she looked up in the rear view mirror, checking her makeup. The peach MAC gloss made her lips pop, and she smiled at herself giving a full display of her braces.

Makeup enhanced her beauty, cause without it she knew she was still the shit. Although she wasn't like Remedy who flaunted her good looks, Eden simply basked in the ambiance that she had natural beauty and made promises to herself each time she looked in the mirror to never change a thing about herself.

Eden let out a sigh of frustration and looked out the passenger window, just as Remedy and Ahlanna walked out of the building. They both looked nice as always, and quickly strutted to the Jeep knowing how impatient Eden could be.

Once inside, Remedy immediately pulled out her phone while Ahlanna just slouched down in the passenger seat. The way her face was contorted into a scowl, made it obvious she wasn't in the mood today.

"Umm excuse me, but I did not sleep with you last night and I don't think your ass is giving me gas money so the least you can do is say good morning." Eden said side eyeing Ahlanna.

Ahlanna looked over at Eden, and forced a smile on her small lips. "Good morning Eden, how is your morning?" Ahlanna spat with sarcasm, before rolling her eyes.

Eden rolled her eyes, and put the car in drive before pulling out into the street from the parking space. Glancing up in the rear view mirror, she could see Remedy all into her phone smiling from ear to ear.

She already knew what that was about, and decided not to ask. Eden had just got back in the mood to where she wanted to talk, and her friends weren't even talking to her.

"What's wrong with you? It's the second week of school, and you already got your ass on your shoulders?" Eden questioned glancing between the road, and Ahlanna.

"Just tired of school, and everything else for that matter. I was talking to Stephen last night, he wants me to move in." Ahlanna said staring out the window.

Eden just shook her head, trying to mask the disgust she had on her face. She thought Stephen was a nasty ass man, who was sick for sleeping with someone that was old enough to be his daughter.

"Hmm I can relate." Eden spoke as she eyed the road.

"It's senior year, and y'all are just complaining." Remedy said putting her phone away in her purse.

"I'm sick of those people at that school." Ahlanna said rolling her eyes.

"Me too, uh uh but y'all know who I can't stand?" Eden asked the two, both girl's ears perked up hoping Eden had some juicy tea.

"Who?" They both chimed looking at their friend, who had a frown on her face. This had to be good.

"That white boy who wanna be black so bad, I forgot his name." Eden spoke rolling her eyes.

"I know who you're talking about." Ahlanna spoke as a smirk danced on her lips. She knew Keegan all too well.

Remedy giggled. "Keegan? What he do to you?" Remedy asked curiously.